• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
We were set up in the "vendor zone" by Western Lake at Grayton on Saturday
next to an unoccupied non-vendor easy-up and some chairs. Vendor came by
and asked us if we knew the folks who had the pop-up. Nope. Then he asked
us if we had seen them. Nope. Then he proceeded to begin moving the pop-up
and I asked him what he thought he was doing. He said he was going to move
the the pop-up 50 yards down the beach so he could put up some umbrellas and
chairs for his clients. I told him to stop and that he could not move other people's
stuff and that I would call code enforcement and the sheriff if he did not stop.
That did it. For a while. Then his clients came over to us and asked us the same
questions. Again, I told them that they were not allowed to move other folks
stuff. Then I went out fishing in my kayak and my wife was there by herself.
After I came back, she told me that they started back in on her and other locals
next to us got involved when the saw what was going on. In the end, the vendor
ended up setting up his clients chairs in an empty spot by the lake further inland.
I can't believe how rude this vendor and his clients were. It was unbelievable.

We really need to do something about vending. And I hope the kind of tourists
we met on Saturday don't ever come back.

Jimmy please copy and email. It Will Help!!!!!
If your interested commissioners Cindy Meadows meacindy@co.walton.fl.us
Cecilia Jones. Joncecilia@co.walton.fl.us
TDC Director of beach operations Brian Kellenberger brian@visitsouthwalton.com

Dreamer

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2014
Northwest Georgia
Vendors in Grayton Beach! Never thought I'd see the day. The last time we were there was 4 years ago. The vendors had taken over the beach by the water line. My husband decided to get out there super early one day and set us up where the vendors set up because they have the best spot. He beat the vendors and they were not too happy that we were there. Asked us to move and we said "NO." Very uncomfortable situation and after spending the last 30 years vacationing there, we have moved on not to return. SMH!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Vendors in Grayton Beach! Never thought I'd see the day. The last time we were there was 4 years ago. The vendors had taken over the beach by the water line. My husband decided to get out there super early one day and set us up where the vendors set up because they have the best spot. He beat the vendors and they were not too happy that we were there. Asked us to move and we said "NO." Very uncomfortable situation and after spending the last 30 years vacationing there, we have moved on not to return. SMH!

Maybe a Squall will blow the vendors to the Keys. Oh, they don't allow vendors. Well maybe to Destin then.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
I sent letters about the vendor set ups, here is the response I received from Cindy Meadows

Thank you for your input. The vendor program is run by the TDC and one commissioners son is a vendor. I voted to manage the program by putting a few county contracted vendors on beaches but could not get the votes on the bcc.

Anybody else get lane responses back from a county commissioner?

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Here in lies two problems with this picture.

1. The reason we have Sunshine laws is to discourage commissioners and other elected officials from being "Too Close" that they can influence each others opinion. This thumbs its nose at the law and cecilia was on the board when the sunshine law violations occurred. They are building alliances before the election has even hit the primaries. Now consider this, on one thread it was stated that cecilia's son should be left out of politics. I kinda agree, but leave his name out only and nowhere could I find his name personally used. What is relevant is both Cecilia and Tony's kids make their living as beach vendors. Neither of them pay for the use of running their businesses on public property. Only in Walton county can some people make their living off public property and get away with it. If you go on federal public property or state and find vendors, they will all be paying to use the public's land and the rules are extremely strict. If Tony is elected now he and cecilia only need to influence 1 commissioner and you have lost control of the beach for 4 more years. I think I'd like some public land identified that I can make money on....... Note to voters- government isn't supposed to be a "family", it's supposed to be fair and impartial and do what's in the best interest of all the people, not a select few.

2. Tony is not a property owner and simply rents in district 5. He pays no property tax. He has simply been transplanted into the district as cecilia was to accomplish political agendas of certain developers and attorneys who make their living that way. His largest single supporter is a dead mans estate and businesses who liked to control politics and continues to do so from the grave. The final straw is Jerry Jones telling everybody to vote for Cindy Meadows because Tony is a pack of lies. I know Jerry has been told all the dirt on Tony and if it's bad enough his own supporters would file to run against him and then he suddenly not qualify, then it is bad I can promise you. I guarantee a deal was struck at the last minute for Jerry not to qualify and now a favor is owed and I'm having no part of that kind of local government. Its a shame the average citizen doesn't realize that Washington DC shenanigans are occurring at a smaller level right under our nose.....it's called losing America and that makes me sad.

"Unfortunately, All men are not created equal anymore, much of it depends on their last name and how fat their bank account is."

This post really belonged in this thread instead of new candidates. If you cant see the picture, it's Anderson and Jones campaigning together. Misty has the picture if she can post it on this thread.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I sent letters about the vendor set ups, here is the response I received from Cindy Meadows

Thank you for your input. The vendor program is run by the TDC and one commissioners son is a vendor. I voted to manage the program by putting a few county contracted vendors on beaches but could not get the votes on the bcc.

Anybody else get lane responses back from a county commissioner?

I'm sure "lane response" was intended to be "lame" response.

Actually, she told you the truth. There is a BCC member who has a son that is a vendor and the vendor issue does desperately need to be managed. Ms. Meadows doesn't have the votes. She is one voice and the lessor of all the other evils. Ms. Meadows is about managed vendors and customary use. She has also been the only real voice for most of the people South of the bay.

You could do far worse by not voting for her than you could in voting for her.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
This post really belonged in this thread instead of new candidates. If you cant see the picture, it's Anderson and Jones campaigning together. Misty has the picture if she can post it on this thread.

VOTE NO to Tony Anderson!

13502007_1294113210618554_8717148384874650393_n.jpg

dragonflycafe

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2009
I wrote a few days ago and just received this response from Cindy Meadows:

Thank you for your input. At the end of season, the bcc will evaluate the vendor program once again to make needed adjustments.
Your input will go into the complaint file.

Sent from my iPhone

Cindy Meadows
Walton County Commissioner
District 5
850-231-2978 office

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
It should also be noted that Tony Anderson had an opportunity on June 23, 2016 to speak at the WCTA candidate forum and did NOT attend. Mr Anderson conveniently had a scheduling conflict.