• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Glad Pepper is home and getting lots of love.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Pepper is all about unconditional love, as all dogs are. I now send mine to Pepper.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Ditto - hoping Pepper will feel better each day, and that there will be good news when all the tests come back!

Pepper got her appetite back on Sunday, yesterday starting putting some weight on the paw on which the surgery was done (instead of hopping around on three legs), and this morning was able to go up and down the stairs to the bedroom without being carried. She gets her bandage off on Thursday.:clap:

Thanks again for all of the well wishes.

BTW I've been MIA on the board because I unexpectedly had to teach a class at the request of the scheduled professor because he got promoted to dean. Can't exactly turn down the boss! It requires two hours of class time plus two hours of prep time Monday through Friday.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap:...yay! What are you teaching?

:clap:...yay! What are you teaching?
Boring -- it's a core class -- Excel with financial applications. Yesterday we were doing the formulas to compute how much one would need to save for retirement at age 65 to maintain a decent lifestyle. I came to the conclusion that I don't have enough in my retirement account yet. I was trying to lighten things up by saying, "Well, guess I'll be a bag lady living under one of the overpasses on the 75/85 connector in downtown Atlanta. (People actually live there). One of the kids jokingly said, "Yeah, you'd probably be on crack, too." I said, "I don't need crack -- I already act like I'm on it, although I wouldn't know what it looks like if I saw it." :rotfl: They thought it was hilarious. Kinda broke the boredom from looking at the formula
PV=R(1-(1+i)^-n)/i
where PV is the amount you need to have saved by retirement
R is how much your periodic retirement check will be
i is the periodic interest rate
and n is how many checks you think you'll need before you die!
(This can also be done using the Excel PV formula).

TMI.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Boring -- it's a core class -- Excel with financial applications. Yesterday we were doing the formulas to compute how much one would need to save for retirement at age 65 to maintain a decent lifestyle. I came to the conclusion that I don't have enough in my retirement account yet. I was trying to lighten things up by saying, "Well, guess I'll be a bag lady living under one of the overpasses on the 75/85 connector in downtown Atlanta. (People actually live there). One of the kids jokingly said, "Yeah, you'd probably be on crack, too." I said, "I don't need crack -- I already act like I'm on it, although I wouldn't know what it looks like if I saw it." :rotfl: They thought it was hilarious. Kinda broke the boredom from looking at the formula
PV=R(1-(1+i)^-n)/i
where PV is the amount you need to have saved by retirement
R is how much your periodic retirement check will be
i is the periodic interest rate
and n is how many checks you think you'll need before you die!
(This can also be done using the Excel PV formula).

TMI.

I heart you, BR. I will pass this on to my financial advisor, Mr. K, because it makes me break out in hives. :D But, it does remind me it's time for a kept wife update.