• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Public vs Private Beach [threads merged]

New posts
Danny, there is a turnaround at the end of Blue Mountain Rd now. It was added a few years ago. You can see it on the property appraiser's aerial.
 
If I remember correctly, it is not really a turnaround; although I and others use it for that. The signage indicates the space is for emergency vehicle access, i.e. fire trucks, etc.
 
I'd like to focus on learning a bit more about the peoples opinions that feel the entire beach is "public".

What I mean is, let's start with some definition of the area we are discussing.

When I opine, it is in reference to the beaches of 30a, not Scenic Gulf (old 98).

Why? Well most of Scenic Gulf beaches received renourishment and thus by receiving a tax payer funded benefit, it is now public.

30a beaches refused, by a landslide (and much to the chagrin of the County), to NOT take this and thus don't benefit from tax payer money.

So what areas of beach are everyone arguing about?

I think it's good to define this upfront.

Anyone?
 
I remember a huge fight at several BCC meetings regarding the end of BMB road and the turnaround or lack thereof. My memory is that it is very narrow and that emergency vehicles have a difficult time turning around. So a large amount of traffic probably would not be a good idea. The "local traffic only" sign I remember was a standard yellow road sign. That sign appears to be replaced by a much more attractive yet unofficial sign.
 
I'd like to focus on learning a bit more about the peoples opinions that feel the entire beach is "public".

What I mean is, let's start with some definition of the area we are discussing.

When I opine, it is in reference to the beaches of 30a, not Scenic Gulf (old 98).

Why? Well most of Scenic Gulf beaches received renourishment and thus by receiving a tax payer funded benefit, it is now public.

30a beaches refused, by a landslide (and much to the chagrin of the County), to NOT take this and thus don't benefit from tax payer money.

So what areas of beach are everyone arguing about?

I think it's good to define this upfront.

Anyone?
They may have recently refused renourishment but in the past they have accepted government funded sand.
 
The renourishment project was funded by taxpaxers, hence government funded sand. As for when, I have lived in Walton county since 1994, so it has been since then.
 
Bob Wells, wasn't that after one of the hurricanes, they used geotubes and used Ed Waline as the access point for the heavy equipment? I had forgot all about that until you mentioned it.
 
OK, getting somewhere, but now where Specifically was this funded sand distributed?

All of 30a, part of it? Where, and did everyone take this "sandout"?

Was it 100% tax dollars or only a portion?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top