• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
No Shelly, I don't work for any RE agency, flunked out of literature in school, but have a long history of buying and selling real estate in Alabama and along the Gulf Coast. Folks like Mr. Harris make more money in week than you will make in a life time cause he is good at what he does. I have meet people like you who are scared of their own shadow, keep their money in a interest bank account, tell everyone how stupid they are for taking a risk with investing their money and then struggle to make a small pension last a couple of years when they retire. Fear mongers like you are always wrong, and seem to be perpetually jealous of the people who have the courage to take even a small risk. You want to know when the market is going to improve, just look at the history of the area if you want the answer. Look at what the good RE speculators and investors are doing. They are keeping their mouths shout and letting people like you scare new property owners into selling early and at a bargain. I have seen this cycle or game played many times, and the winners stick around.

Glad you cleared that up......<didn't think so>.

(P.S. If you (and best pal Doodle) are raking in the dough and deals because of my "fear mongering"...one would think you'd be a bit more tickled and a lot less ticked? No?)

Last edited:

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
No Shelly, I don't work for any RE agency, flunked out of literature in school, but have a long history of buying and selling real estate in Alabama and along the Gulf Coast. Folks like Mr. Harris make more money in week than you will make in a life time cause he is good at what he does. I have meet people like you who are scared of their own shadow, keep their money in a interest bank account, tell everyone how stupid they are for taking a risk with investing their money and then struggle to make a small pension last a couple of years when they retire. Fear mongers like you are always wrong, and seem to be perpetually jealous of the people who have the courage to take even a small risk. You want to know when the market is going to improve, just look at the history of the area if you want the answer. Look at what the good RE speculators and investors are doing. They are keeping their mouths shout and letting people like you scare new property owners into selling early and at a bargain. I have seen this cycle or game played many times, and the winners stick around.

Do you know how much old Doodle makes in a week, a month or a year? He may be leveraged up to his eyeballs, maybe he will end up with bigger legal problems due to his tax issues, etc. Who knows, but I'm with Shelly, I wouldn't hold him up as my shining example of real estate investing.

You mention corporate scandals as a risk of stock ownership--have you not heard of the myriad of real estate scandals over the years including massive mortgage fraud resulting in billions of dollars of losses for investors and owners. Scandal and fraud happen in real estate, corporate America, churches, government, it can get you anywhere. The really big bucks these days are coming in the financial markets, not real estate. Just look at the bonuses paid on Wall Street this past year. Unbelievable amounts of money. Most real estate investors are watching the value of their portfolios wither right now.

A balanced portfolio seems prudent to me. Some real estate, some stocks, some bonds and yes some CD's. However, I personally wouldn't invest large chunks of my portifolio in the Second Home real estate areas right now be it in the mountains or the beaches. The second home markets are tumbling across the board and probably will for some time to come.

By the way, are you buying any of these great deals right now? If so, come back in five years and let us know specifically which of these doubled in value for you.

I'm glad you like Watersound and are happy with your little piece of the beach. I love the area too. But, I believe your view of the market is way off base. However, hope I'm wrong and you are right though for the sake of many, many friends and neighbors that are in over their heads due to the sinking market and rapidly rising interest rates on adjustable rate mortgages.

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
Glad you cleared that up......<didn't think so>.

(P.S. If you (and best pal Doodle) are raking in the dough and deals because of my "fear mongering"...one would think you'd be a bit more tickled and a lot less ticked? No?)

Well Shelly, I just think you are an amateur with regards to RE investing and your comments are out of line. Actually, your "fear mongering" helps slow down the paving of paradise, and creates great investment opportunities for the rest of us. I just don't appreciated being called a "fool" for doing it. I figured out a long time ago you dislike anyone who chooses to invest in real estate, especially if its paradise.

With regards to Doodle, I would not know him if he stood in line next to me at the grocery store. What I do know is that he is one of many who are extremely knowledgeable with regards to making money in real estate at the beach, and yes that is something I admire.:roll:

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
Do you know how much old Doodle makes in a week, a month or a year? He may be leveraged up to his eyeballs, maybe he will end up with bigger legal problems due to his tax issues, etc. Who knows, but I'm with Shelly, I wouldn't hold him up as my shining example of real estate investing.

You mention corporate scandals as a risk of stock ownership--have you not heard of the myriad of real estate scandals over the years including massive mortgage fraud resulting in billions of dollars of losses for investors and owners. Scandal and fraud happen in real estate, corporate America, churches, government, it can get you anywhere. The really big bucks these days are coming in the financial markets, not real estate. Just look at the bonuses paid on Wall Street this past year. Unbelievable amounts of money. Most real estate investors are watching the value of their portfolios wither right now.

A balanced portfolio seems prudent to me. Some real estate, some stocks, some bonds and yes some CD's. However, I personally wouldn't invest large chunks of my portifolio in the Second Home real estate areas right now be it in the mountains or the beaches. The second home markets are tumbling across the board and probably will for some time to come.

By the way, are you buying any of these great deals right now? If so, come back in five years and let us know specifically which of these doubled in value for you.

I'm glad you like Watersound and are happy with your little piece of the beach. I love the area too. But, I believe your view of the market is way off base. However, hope I'm wrong and you are right though for the sake of many, many friends and neighbors that are in over their heads due to the sinking market and rapidly rising interest rates on adjustable rate mortgages.

Fisher, staying balanced is important, and I do like tax free muni bonds over CD's. Nothing wrong with stocks, as long as you trust no one's cooking the books. Would feel more confident in investing in stocks if some of the fraudulent CEO's got the electric chair instead of being sent to federal country club prisons. I would never recommend anyone invest all their eggs in real estate for the short term or become highly leveraged, unless they are extremely knowledgeable of the market and can manage the risks. There are ups and downs with any kind of investing, but history shows there are big bucks to be made if you are a long term beach investor. Believe me, it want take five years for many to double their money with all the positive things happen at our coast! My view of the market is solid cause its based on experience, and experience does make the difference between winners and loosers when it comes to beach property.

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Well Shelly, I just think you are an amateur with regards to RE investing and your comments are out of line. Actually, your "fear mongering" helps slow down the paving of paradise, and creates great investment opportunities for the rest of us. I just don't appreciated being called a "fool" for doing it. I figured out a long time ago you dislike anyone who chooses to invest in real estate, especially if its paradise.

With regards to Doodle, I would not know him if he stood in line next to me at the grocery store. What I do know is that he is one of many who are extremely knowledgeable with regards to making money in real estate at the beach, and yes that is something I admire.:roll:

Interesting post....albeit a bit hard to follow the logic.

So is Doodle like the Robert Kiyosaki of SoWal now?

BTW, I never directly labeled you with any name...soooo....just as in your post above, statements that don't apply, should be no big deal :dunno: <"Investors" Tip: Never let them see ya sweat.:D >

Last edited:

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
Interesting post....albeit a bit hard to follow the logic.

So is Doodle like the Robert Kiyosaki of SoWal?

BTW, I never directly labeled you with any name...soooo....just as in your post above, statements that don't apply, should be no big deal :dunno: <"Investors" Tip: Never let them see ya sweat.:D >

Shelly, just look at your avator and " Multi For Sale Sign" pic. Its pretty easy to know what you are all about long before you read any of your posts. You are all about scaring people away from buying a piece of paradise or building a dream. You probably do it, because its the only thing you are good at.

Doodle is a self made man and like others, he has done well in real estate at the beach. He consistantly hits home runs in a market where RE development of any kind is difficult. For those of us who have had to deal with all the curve balls that this county can throw at you, he has the ability to hit his out of the park.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Shelly, just look at your avator and " Multi For Sale Sign" pic. Its pretty easy to know what you are all about long before you read any of your posts. You are all about scaring people away from buying a piece of paradise or building a dream. You probably do it, because its the only thing you are good at.

Doodle is a self made man and like others, he has done well in real estate at the beach. He consistantly hits home runs in a market where RE development of any kind is difficult. For those of us who have had to deal with all the curve balls that this county can throw at you, he has the ability to hit his out of the park.

You are correct.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005

If you don't know Doodle or Shelly, how can you make such broad sweeping statements. How do you know Doodle has done well in real estate? How do you know Shelly isn't a multizillionaire? Please elaborate on your investing in South Walton.

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
If you don't know Doodle or Shelly, how can you make such broad sweeping statements. How do you know Doodle has done well in real estate? How do you know Shelly isn't a multizillionaire? Please elaborate on your investing in South Walton.

Fisher, I own 9 pieces of beautiful real estate in Walton County, all of which are either beach or water front, and don't own a penny! I don't help banks or mortgage companies get rich, and only work with a select few of realtors. Doodle Harris developed Seacrest Beach, and has done a ton of good for Walton County. All you have to do is read Shelly's idiotic posts to realize she is either incompetent when it comes to real estate investing or is against beach development. Personally, I think Shelly is a "he" and probably lives in a trailer park and hugs tress for excitment and pleasure.:rotfl:

Last edited: