• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
Edroedrog I was not scared off by BMBW I was in the Cayman Islands and did not bother checking this. You know I have told you that I like the people at H2O and have friends there. Even though you are on the internet you should be careful with what you say about calling people liars without proof and yes I do like people there and I do want the access at lot 2 I don't hide from that. You said it yourself one letter is not proof. I have spoken with H2O and there was no issue with the notice of people within 300 feet. You are wrong. And you keep saying that they didn't tell the community about their meeting just because GE's letter said so. You also know I want the access on the west not the east side of 30A because we are single family homes and the west side is mostly condos and townhomes and I would rather have them driven there rather than walking past my home. Why is that bad? Even if some people come down my road, less people will. I have said it before that you are a disgruntled ex-employee, a Redfish buyer who wants out or something you have not said. I say you are wrong and you say I am wrong. Your methods are very transparent though you have a serious axe to grind tell us what it is?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
I guess Cryptology 101 is a prerequisite for this thread ;-) .

Guys and gals, the issue is a simple one.

I don't care about H20.

I don't care about about previous lies and truths coming from RFV (although there does seem to be some of both).

I don't care about the freakin' parking (Although when a RFV condo owner, guest or invitee, has use of a "privated deeded beach access", they are more inclined to make use of their "private deeded beech access" more than they would the several public accesses in the area - even though they are closer by. This WILL result in more parking requirements for the immediate area around their "private deeded beach access" than is available and result in neighboring private properties being encroached on by the cars looking for a space to park near their "private deeded beach access". In other words, RFV people will park near this single residential lot in order to maximize the use of their "asset".)

I don't care about all those that have contracts with RFV who are just looking for a way out in a depressed real estate market.

What I DO care about is the flagrant violation by the county of their own rules for only one purpose:

To help bail out Redfish Village at the expense of nearby property owners of the 260 Blue Mtn Road lot.

There is NO reason that Redfish Village needs this private deeded access other than for marketing their development and fulfilling their current obligations (again at others' expense). They already have public accesses located closer by with new restrooms (to be built on 83 in the near future per Brad Pickel).

The zoning for the 260 lot is infill. Also again, as a result, the resulting development MUST BE COMPATIBLE with the existing neighborhood. The existing nieghborhood is residential with actual single family homes on each side of the lot.

I know a lot of this is repetitive but the compatible use is still the heart of the issue. This of course affects usage density and parking.

OK, some of you are still not convinced.

Let me start a rumor. A 30 acre pacel of land down on 83 was purchased by a developer. The "developer" has now determined that if Redfish Village can have a private beach access, well, this process can repeated. Right? Why not? The county will have allowed it one time already and would certainly allow it again. They intend to build 12 units per acre or 360 units or around 1400 people. They will buy another lot next door to 260 Blue Mountain Road and create ANOTHER "private deeded beach access" bathroom lot and market the new development almost as if the entire development were waterfront. Then they sell rights to Owl's Head....on and on.

If you don't see the problem with this encroachment, then no matter what is said here, you are for big development and are against preserving the residential quality of our neighborhood. Of course any residential neighborhood is then subject to exploitation by developers and the county if this is allowed to proceed.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ sometimes I think you are for the project or have other interest. I just want to know what legal foot LyingFish has to stand on? I know from your earlier post you are not a lawyer but I do have to ask the question. KT still has not proved me wrong yet nor did he get me the letter he said was sent back to Lois La Seur. I hope you correct me if I am wrong on my post too. I do not have a problem with that at all. I am sorry if LyingFish Trailer Park and Hard2Sell offends you but it is true. Tell me that they have not lied to the community tell me that they have not lied to their investors tell me that they have not. Please do because they have and they continue to even after being told by Lois La Seur in a letter dated May 5 2006 to Mr. Zietlin (Planning Manager Walton County) and cc Hard2Sell as well. They have had meeting where they did not inform the community and they have also bought another Lot to try in slide one in on the community. How many times do they need to be told that we do not want this in our community? I know that people have been sending their concerns to Cindy Meadows (District 5 Commissioner) to let her know that they have not been properly notified.(i.e. certified mail) because they do live within 300 feet of the proposed Lot 2 development. Am I wrong yet?

I have been posting the facts. If you read some of my earlier post you will realize the TRC is the Technical Review committee and that GE is who sent the letter to TRC for Lot 2.

I do not know what I would have to gain by lying to you about this project.
I don't accuse you of lying. I believe you have been the accusor.

Your abbreviation of TRC reminds me more of the Toyota vehicles with TRC written on the side of the trucks. Still haven't seen this letter which General Electric sent. :dunno:
As for KT not proving you wrong yet about H2O Properties' ownership in the property, I believe the burden of proof is on you, because you are the only person on this board who has been lecturing us on their 20% interest. As someone else said regarding the ownership, "what does it matter?"

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Buster do not be so obtuse. I am obviously against PrivateBA. If you would take a moment and read my post you can plainly see that I do not want this to happen. As for the smearing the development I have only called them LyingFish Trailer Park and from what I have read and seen that is the truth.

As for working together I have received several emails from folks on SoWal that have appreciated the input. So who are to tell me what to and not to post? Come on I am still waiting on someone to prove me wrong. I want the facts.
Repeatedly calling a developer a liar in a public forum borders on slander. I believe you can be quoted several times calling them and H20 (or whatever nickname you give them) liars. If that isn't "smearing," I don't know what is.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
Edroedrog I was not scared off by BMBW I was in the Cayman Islands and did not bother checking this. You know I have told you that I like the people at H2O and have friends there. Even though you are on the internet you should be careful with what you say about calling people liars without proof and yes I do like people there and I do want the access at lot 2 I don't hide from that. You said it yourself one letter is not proof. I have spoken with H2O and there was no issue with the notice of people within 300 feet. You are wrong. And you keep saying that they didn't tell the community about their meeting just because GE's letter said so. You also know I want the access on the west not the east side of 30A because we are single family homes and the west side is mostly condos and townhomes and I would rather have them driven there rather than walking past my home. Why is that bad? Even if some people come down my road, less people will. I have said it before that you are a disgruntled ex-employee, a Redfish buyer who wants out or something you have not said. I say you are wrong and you say I am wrong. Your methods are very transparent though you have a serious axe to grind tell us what it is?

Welcome back KT. Good to see you on. Maybe you can give us some legal advice too.

So I will use what the letter said from Lois La Seur than MisimpressionFish Trailer Park. To hard to type.

BMBV. I agree with your comments if it matters to anyone on this thread.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The zoning for the 260 lot is infill. Also again, as a result, the resulting development MUST BE COMPATIBLE with the existing neighborhood. The existing nieghborhood is residential with actual single family homes on each side of the lot. ...

BMBV, you state your case very well in the above post. I feel the need to direct your attention to the property located west and adjacent to the subject property of 260 Blue Mtn Road. That property to which I refer is 248 Blue Mtn Rd. I believe you know the onwer, or should I say the other seller? He post regularly in this thread. In the recent meeting, I believe he is the one who spoke up and said that he didn't feel that the developer's representative was correct in stating that the surrounding property values would increase around the private beach access. (Personally, I agree that I don't think that would increase the values of adjacent properties.) Regardless of what I think, he just blew his case by increasing the asking price of his property from $6,000,000 to $6,200,000 in today's MLS. (Yes, some of us Realtors still track the market and the listings.:blush:) Did the seller see more potential for value and hence raise the price? Not looking like he fully believes what he preaches. One other point which is addressed regarding 248 Blue Mtn Rd, in the general comments of the listing are the following: (MLS # 450184 for those of you keeping tabs - accessible via www.emeraldcoasthomesonline.com, or your favorite Realtor.)

"Gated New Orleans style Gulf Front Estate located on the Gulf of Mexico off Hwy 30-A in Blue Mountain Beach between Destin and Panama City Beach. With about 77 ft of Gulf Frontage located on one of the highest bluffs in the surrounding area. Unique piece of property and rare opportunity to obtain one of the last lots of its kind with these amazing Gulf views along the Emerald Coast. Property is suitable for many uses.Development opportunity -- This lot is zoned as "In-Fill" to allow multiple dwellings if approved by zoning. Sea wall in place and a private beach access can be constructed. One owner home with the look and feel of a one story estate from New Orleans with Mexican tile, dark panel wood and detail finishes and gulf views from all angles (property needs a little TLC in current condition). A little time and imagination can turn this rare Estate Gulf Front lot into an opportunity of a life time. A must see."

Now again, I am not an attorney, but if I were the attorney or representative for Redfish Village, I would note these words during the meeting when the seller stands up to make his case. I would also note that the single family homes on both sides of the development were for sale.

:rotfl: I really cannot believe that someone fighting against private beach access would list his adjacent property for sale, noting that a "private beach access can be constructed."

I really have to throw some salt his way at anything he says on here.

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
Vagrant interesting with the slippery slope concept is that a law? Does anybody know where the golf cart parking and bathrooms for Draper Lake beach goers is and how it is zoned? I have heard this mentioned several times.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
Vagrant interesting with the slippery slope concept is that a law? Does anybody know where the golf cart parking and bathrooms for Draper Lake beach goers is and how it is zoned? I have heard this mentioned several times.

Draper Lakes lot is down the road that run's beside Goatfeathers (can't remember name), a few lot's up from the gulf on the right.

Last edited:

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
BMBV, you state your case very well in the above post. I feel the need to direct your attention to the property located west and adjacent to the subject property of 260 Blue Mtn Road. That property to which I refer is 248 Blue Mtn Rd. I believe you know the onwer, or should I say the other seller? He post regularly in this thread. In the recent meeting, I believe he is the one who spoke up and said that he didn't feel that the developer's representative was correct in stating that the surrounding property values would increase around the private beach access. (Personally, I agree that I don't think that would increase the values of adjacent properties.) Regardless of what I think, he just blew his case by increasing the asking price of his property from $6,000,000 to $6,200,000 in today's MLS. (Yes, some of us Realtors still track the market and the listings.:blush:) Did the seller see more potential for value and hence raise the price? Not looking like he fully believes what he preaches. One other point which is addressed regarding 248 Blue Mtn Rd, in the general comments of the listing are the following: (MLS # 450184 for those of you keeping tabs - accessible via www.emeraldcoasthomesonline.com, or your favorite Realtor.)

"Gated New Orleans style Gulf Front Estate located on the Gulf of Mexico off Hwy 30-A in Blue Mountain Beach between Destin and Panama City Beach. With about 77 ft of Gulf Frontage located on one of the highest bluffs in the surrounding area. Unique piece of property and rare opportunity to obtain one of the last lots of its kind with these amazing Gulf views along the Emerald Coast. Property is suitable for many uses.Development opportunity -- This lot is zoned as "In-Fill" to allow multiple dwellings if approved by zoning. Sea wall in place and a private beach access can be constructed. One owner home with the look and feel of a one story estate from New Orleans with Mexican tile, dark panel wood and detail finishes and gulf views from all angles (property needs a little TLC in current condition). A little time and imagination can turn this rare Estate Gulf Front lot into an opportunity of a life time. A must see."

Now again, I am not an attorney, but if I were the attorney or representative for Redfish Village, I would note these words during the meeting when the seller stands up to make his case. I would also note that the single family homes on both sides of the development were for sale.

:rotfl: I really cannot believe that someone fighting against private beach access would list his adjacent property for sale, noting that a "private beach access can be constructed."

I really have to throw some salt his way at anything he says on here.

SJ-What are we all arguing about then? Heck the realtor knows you can put PrivateBA why can't we accept it? She might want to reconsider what she post on the sight. I am going to go buy the lot and hold on to it. Developers will eat this lot up if PrivateBA is accepted next to it.

So we are now going to have PrivateBA next to each other. I feel sorry for the land around these PrivateBA developments.

Looks like the Trailer Park needs to buy if it is already zoned for this type of use. Should we call it Lot 3?

Last edited:

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
Many important points have been expressed here....some, not so important.
The reality for this project is this, you don't promise buyers something in condominium documents that you aren't prepared to deliver....before the shovel ever hits the ground.