• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
KT...you're not working for the BMB neighborhood, you are working against the BMB neighborhood.

That's not very nice. I have told you from the start my position. I would prefer the access on Lot 2 instead of Lot 1. That is better for at a minimum the east side of the neighborhood. You have a different opinion but talk to some of my neighbors and ask them what they think.

Not until I saw all this nastiness of people attacking and being slanderous did I feel the urge to stick up for these people. Being retired I have the time to do that what I don't understand is what do the rest of you do that let's you spend all day doing this?

BMBWalker

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2006
That's not very nice. I have told you from the start my position. I would prefer the access on Lot 2 instead of Lot 1. That is better for at a minimum the east side of the neighborhood. You have a different opinion but talk to some of my neighbors and ask them what they think.

Not until I saw all this nastiness of people attacking and being slanderous did I feel the urge to stick up for these people. Being retired I have the time to do that what I don't understand is what do the rest of you do that let's you spend all day doing this?

KT...we spend the day doing what you do...we try to protect our interest and property.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
....Do you own the wet sand? People can walk up and down the beach all they want.
Do I own the wet sand, you ask? Depends where the MHW line is which is established by a 19 year data average. Ask your wife; she's a lawyer.

People can certainly walk up and down the beach "legally" SOUTH of this MHW line. They can also put chairs and umbrellas there as well as long as they float.:D

I think I see an opportunity here. I think I'll invent "Vagrant's Umbrella and Chairs on a Raft". Looks like your buddies may need them.

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
Do I own the wet sand, you ask? Depends where the MHW line is which is established by a 19 year data average. Ask your wife; she's a lawyer.

People can certainly walk up and down the beach "legally" SOUTH of this MHW line. They can also put chairs and umbrellas there as well as long as they float.:D

I think I see an opportunity here. I think I'll invent "Vagrant's Umbrella and Chairs on a Raft". Looks like your buddies may need them.

Good idea. Just make sure you have it approve by VagrantPlanning and that it complies with VagrantLaw. :lolabove:

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
BMBV, I'm just curious here - sorry it's a little off topic: can anyone point to the MHW line? Or is there an agency that publishes this data anywhere? Also, does it get updated annually?

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
I realize that you didn't post the map, but you kept making reference to the notion that they were advertising blatent lies, such as this map noting the "county approved" beach access. I fail to see your evidence noting such. To me, it read like, Here is your map showing evidence that they were marketing it as such. Now that I find out it was not used in the advertising, but rather in the condo docs, you are still without evidence support your statement about the "lies."

Got it SJ. Glad you could set me straight today. I am not going to SMEAR these guys I am just going to try to prove that Lot 2 is incompatible too. Just like you have mentioned in your previous threads.

I used the word MIGHT Saturday and KT jumped all over me about my post. Then I proved it and then he jumped all over me again. This thread is driving me crazy. What do you people want from the anti-Lot 2 folks because the anti-Lot 1 folks got what they wanted.. Now we want to be treated the same.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
....Why don't you tell us why you are gunning for these people? Is it just in your nature?

I will aggressively defend my private property rights when they are threatened, especially by a developer.

I believe I reacted the same way that people in your neck of the woods did last year with bathroom lot #1 including BMBCA.

And that was my point for calling out Blue Mountain Beach Community Association (BMBCA) and South Walton Community Council (SWCC) for their lack of support on this issue now that it affects me (us).

You don't live here. You can't even see the access from your condo.
I never said I did not live here. How you know what I can see from my property is amazing to me!

Do you not want other people on your beach that bad or are you just a hateful person?
Do you want other people walking in front of your house (which they legally can as you know)? OF course you've said no because you're selfish, even knowing they have a legal right to do so.

Give it up KT.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
BMBV, I'm just curious here - sorry it's a little off topic: can anyone point to the MHW line? Or is there an agency that publishes this data anywhere? Also, does it get updated annually?

The Bureau of Survey and Mapping is supposedly responsible for this..."Locates the mean high water line as recognized in the State Constitution as the boundary between state sovereignty land and uplands subject to private ownership for the Coastal Mapping Act (F.S. 177 Part II)." I can Google too!!:D Also check out this. I believe one has to obtain a surveyor to establish this line on your property just like a regular survey but a little more involved.