• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
Edroedrog and Vagrant I am waiting on a fax of the letter from another person who was involved in our fight against lot 1 she thinks she has it in a file and once I have it I will type as much of it as I can so you can read it. And yes Vagrant this letter which should be public record (if it is not there anymore this could be another conspiracy theory opportunity for you just on the other side) voids the letter sent by the County to Redfish which was cited in the article today. That is just one reason the article is wrong.

The other question I have for both of you is are you saying that you are relying on the rule of "(i) No new commercial or workplace uses shall be established within a 250-foot buffer around areas.."? Were you under the impression that they had presented this as a commercial or workplace use because that is not my understanding from being in the meeting.

Look below KT I found the facts about commercial property in Florida. I am going to leave this one up to you. Lets see what kind of spin local Government puts on this. You ask me to post the facts. Here they are.

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/definitions.html. Scan down the page you will find it.

"Real estate used and owned as a homestead" means real property to the extent provided in s. 6(a), Art. VII of the State Constitution, but less any portion thereof used for commercial purposes, with the title of such property being recorded in the official records of the county in which the property is located. Property rented for more than 6 months is presumed to be used for commercial purposes.

So are you telling me that the rental agent that RFV has signed up for is not going to rent these condos. Because if you are than you know something that we all do not know. Ask RFV who is going to be the Rental Agent for these properties.

Walton County, Code of Ordinance (I am referenceing this because it has the commercial piece in it that KT is confused about) is what the Little Man would have to use if they wanted to do something with their property and is what I am suppose to go by too.

I am going to list the again so everyone can keep up. Get our your rulers neighbors because it looks to me that this in fil is within 250' of several Residential Preservation Areas within the NPA district.

"e. Compatibility with Existing Neighborhoods: The compatibility of new development with existing adjacent neighborhoods shall be considered as part of the review of any proposal for development within the NPA district. To accomplish this, all individual project plans and Neighborhood Plans shall establish a specific combination and quantity of uses which relate to existing adjacent conditions and in effect, preserve or enhance the desirable aspects of existing development in the adjacent areas and ensure compatible new development. The specific criteria which shall be used to by an applicant, where applicable, establish a presumption of compatibility are as follows:

(i) No new commercial or workplace uses shall be established within a 250-foot buffer around areas which meet the definition of Residential Preservation Areas within the NPA district. This specific buffer does not apply to areas designated as Coastal Center, Mixed Use Center, Light Industrial Center or Court Ordered Overlay District on the FLUM."

KT-You saw all the brown on that fact filled map. If I recall the map has a lot of Residential Preservation Areas on it.

Everyone has asked me to stick to the issue and I have. I have found all this information on FL Dept Rev and State of Florida websites.

Last edited:

Sandestin Bum

Beach Comber
May 7, 2006
Eddog
Have you ever considered using your obvious talent with researching the laws of FL and Walton Co to something other than beating a dead horse?

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
Edroedrog I don't know whether they are going to rent the condos or not I would guess that is up to the owners and you can call your good friends at the Redfish to find out. The issue that keeps eluding you is whether 260 Blue Mountain is being submitted for approval as a commercial property. You can post this information over and over but it is just more of your distortion of the facts.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
Edroedrog I don't know whether they are going to rent the condos or not I would guess that is up to the owners and you can call your good friends at the Redfish to find out. The issue that keeps eluding you is whether 260 Blue Mountain is being submitted for approval as a commercial property. You can post this information over and over but it is just more of your distortion of the facts.

If the facts about zoning are incorrect than once again I challenge you to prove me wrong. You all have challenged me to find the facts and now this is the best you can do is try to discredit the things that I do find. I even point them out give you a chance to go read it for yourself. I have not said one thing on this board that has not been backed up with solid documentation(except the 20% thing and I did provide a bizjournal with the info BTW I am searching even harder for the prospectus).

260 Blue Mountain Rd will be considered commercial according to http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/definitions.html website. These are the facts and it is going to be commercial by the states very on definition from the Florida Property Tax Definitions on myflorida.com.

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
If the facts about zoning are incorrect than once again I challenge you to prove me wrong. You all have challenged me to find the facts and now this is the best you can do is try to discredit the things that I do find. I even point them out give you a chance to go read it for yourself. I have not said one thing on this board that has not been backed up with solid documentation(except the 20% thing and I did provide a bizjournal with the info BTW I am searching even harder for the prospectus).

260 Blue Mountain Rd will be considered commercial according to http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/definitions.html website. These are the facts and it is going to be commercial by the states very on definition from the Florida Property Tax Definitions on myflorida.com.

I am starting to worry about you. The pressure of whatever is driving you to do this since you don't live here, don't own property in Blue Mountain and you like these guys must be making you crazy. Tell us what it is? Oh yea, it's that you don't "want your kid's sifting through the people on the beach" or was it that you "don't want Redfish to bleep bleep run over people"?

What kind of prospectus are you talking about? I don't know of any public companies you have mentioned so what are you talking about? You conjure up these images of you running around your neighborhood saying "do you have the prospectus have you seen the prospectus"? Keep looking harder and let us know when you find it. You have constantly acted like somebody has lied about something or is tricking somebody but I am not sure you have said one thing that anybody actually did wrong.

On the land code about commercial property it is a good thing you are on the case because your analysis must be right and trump everybody who looked at this besides you. :rotfl: Do you really think you can go to the Department of Revenue site, look at a definition for tax purposes for what defines commercial according to renting terms and apply that to land use code? Ask yourself a simple question is there anything that would keep me from renting my house in Blue Mountain for more than 6 months? No nothing. Would that mean that that the DOR would view it as commercial for their purpose? Probably. Does it mean that the County would stop me because I am currently on a Residential Preservation lot? No.

Not to mention that nobody is renting anything on 260 Blue Mountain. Just because you and Vagrant draw the link between their access and the Redfish site doesn't make it so.

I could explain more but hopefully you can take it from here and stop misleading people.

Last edited:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
I have not said one thing on this board that has not been backed up with solid documentation(except the 20% thing and I did provide a bizjournal ...).

maybe they shredded their 20% worth of stock. btw, i got my key prototype today. it has a rendering of the proposed access flanked by the adjacent properties so people know where to go, with a map on the back under the magnetic strip. it's quite nicely done.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
I could explain more but hopefully you can take it from here and stop misleading people.

Misleading people you must be talking about the Trailer Park now because they are the only ones misleading people/community. They are the sneaky ones trying to make some behind closed doors magic.

JohnR be careful I touched a nerve with KT Saturday AM after the article and he has been feeling a little froggy every since. He has his back against the SeaWall and the tide is coming in.

Last edited:

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
My posts are consistent. I have said that I would not let you smear these people who I know and I will not. Everything you have posted has been wrong. I have shown you two and that's all I need to show you. Your credibility has been gone for several weeks. And this is just another statement you are making that somebody has been misleading people and calling them sneaky, are you coming out here and calling them liars? If you know it for a fact that they lied, then just say it and don't worry about the possible reaction from them. Just end it, make a list on this board that says what somebody lied about. Stop your innuendo.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
My posts are consistent. I have said that I would not let you smear these people who I know and I will not. Everything you have posted has been wrong. I have shown you two and that's all I need to show you. Your credibility has been gone for several weeks. And this is just another statement you are making that somebody has been misleading people and calling them sneaky, are you coming out here and calling them liars? If you know it for a fact that they lied, then just say it and don't worry about the possible reaction from them. Just end it, make a list on this board that says what somebody lied about. Stop your innuendo.

Like I said JohnR be careful.

Oh trust me KT I have reliable resources. Every time you post against the facts that I place on this board you lose credibility not me.

Let?s just see what the out come is Tuesday Night. I can not wait. It should be interesting to say the least.