• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
A damn Yankee was someone from up north who came to visit. A goddamn Yankee was someone who moved here.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Hollibird said:
Barefoot guy - thats exactly what I'm talking about. In my hometown you wouldn't DARE go to the store with anything other that a polo shirt, expensive shoes, jewerly, and your hair done... I guess I should be happy that I can relax a bit!
Maybe you wouldn't, but I would. :D I think I goint to :puke:now. Please excuse me.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Hollibird said:
Barefoot guy - thats exactly what I'm talking about. In my hometown you wouldn't DARE go to the store with anything other that a polo shirt, expensive shoes, jewerly, and your hair done... I guess I should be happy that I can relax a bit!

I went to the store today in my yoga pants and a Dread Clampitt t-shirt. And I grew up living and dying by the "no white before Derby Day or after Labor Day" rule. I like myself better now.:D

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Hollibird said:

a funny southern saying I've heard that make me giggle:

'fixin' to do something. I dont know why but when I hear that, I imagine Hee Haw music.
Oh, they do the same too, in small southern towns. The "Debs." They just used tons of hair spray on their big hair. Even the rednecks do it, too. ;-)

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
Hollibird said:
:dunno: I have a question. I am a transplanted north easterner living in Destin... but still. why would anyone refer to our beautiful area as the 'redneck riviera'? Why would you want to be associated with such a derogatory name? Why would someone be proud to be considered a 'redneck'? In my hometown, that just meant you were poor, uneducated, and toothless. does it mean something else down here?

Did you know that the toothbrush was invented years ago in Walton County? Otherwise it would have called the teethbrush.:D

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
pmd8 said:
The Great Northwest just makes me ill.

Everytime I hear that phrase it makes me think...Canada, eh?

I guess that was the best Rummell could come up with...."My Cash Cow Counties" was too impudent and Disney World was already taken. :D

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
I can't imagine getting all dolled up just to go to the store. It just seems like a waste of time to me. But then, I don't get dolled up ever. Because I'm a redneck. :clap_1:

30gAy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 4, 2006
The greater SoWal metro area
Top Ten signs that you may be a SoWal Redneck

1. You like pork rind sushi

2. You wear pastel colored clothing, but explain that when the buildings are pastel colored...it?s really just another form of camouflage...............

3. Your idea of a wine (whine) cooler, is a block of ice to hit the kids upside the head with when they complain too much.

4. You still refer to polenta as funny grits.

5. Your mullet sticks out beneath a Watercolor hat.

6. You think the bike path is just an extra lane to accommodate the tires on your Mega Cab Dually.

7. The beach is really only good for lettin? off fireworks............every night.

8. Your idea of a garden ?water feature? is that corner where you like to pee.

9. You think a martini bar is a place run by that lesbo Tennis player.

...And the Top Ten sign that you may be a SoWal Redneck:

10. You name your beach cottage after Leonard Skynard lyrics.