• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Sad thing is this is not the end of this story.
Please tell us more. If all this is true, we definitely need to look for a new TDC director and possibly even a new board. Talk about unmitigated waste!

Please tell us more. If all this is true, we definitely need to look for a new TDC director and possibly even a new board. Talk about unmitigated waste!

Andy, I hate to tell you "I told you so" but during the last election I told you so. They all need to go and get people in our government who will wisely spend the taxpayer's money. I don't care how nice they are and if they will return a call or an e-mail. What I care about is how they all waste money.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Andy, I hate to tell you "I told you so" but during the last election I told you so. They all need to go and get people in our government who will wisely spend the taxpayer's money. I don't care how nice they are and if they will return a call or an e-mail. What I care about is how they all waste money.
Idlewind, it would appear that all waste money but you vote for those who are running. I did not see anyone at the local level running that was better than who I voted for.
The TDC board and director, as you are aware, serve at the pleasure of the BCC. I would imagine the Chamber of Commerce has a lot to say about it, too. Personally, I think it is a waste of taxpayer money even if it is necessary in order to receive state funding for tourism. You and I agree on the wasting of money. Where we disagree, if at all, is what is wasteful and what is not.

Idlewind, it would appear that all waste money but you vote for those who are running. I did not see anyone at the local level running that was better than who I voted for.
The TDC board and director, as you are aware, serve at the pleasure of the BCC. I would imagine the Chamber of Commerce has a lot to say about it, too. Personally, I think it is a waste of taxpayer money even if it is necessary in order to receive state funding for tourism. You and I agree on the wasting of money. Where we disagree, if at all, is what is wasteful and what is not.

I am just sick of all the RINOS we have in state and local government who claim to be conservative around election time to get elected and then spend their time in office spending money and figuring new ways to regulate and tax us. Oddly enough the only local politicians who come to mind who do not fit that description are the non-partisan school board members. And I know one of them is a democrat and he may be the most fiscally sound local politician. Go figure!

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Why the Change? Why in Enterprise, Alabama ?

Where is a copy of the ?Draft Report? ?

Engagement Letter for TDC review ?Before? and ?After? a review of the draft report by Scott Brannon and George Ralph Miller on 9/30/2010 in Enterprise Alabama with CRI.

Before

SCHEDULE OF AGREED-UPON PORCEDURES TO BE APPLIED TO EXPENDITURES CHARGED TO TDC CREDIT CARD FROM APRIL 1, 2007 TO MARCH 31,2010

The following TDC cardholders' credit card activity was selected for the procedures noted below: Charles (Sonny) Mares Executive Director, Kriss Titus Executive Director, Tracy Louthain, Pamela Watkins, Loretta Schaffer, Vicki Kitahara, Amy Harrison and the general administrative card.

Based on conversations with management it was determined the following procedures would be performed:

1. Carr, Riggs and Ingram (CRI) will summarize all transactions charged and credited to the above noted credit cards from April 1, 2007 through March 31, 2010. The summary will include the date, amount and purpose of the expenditure if noted or discernable from source documents provided.

2. CRI will review each transaction to determine if the transaction was adequately documented and, when applicable, complied with the TDC's Expense and Travel Policy, Section 125.0104 Florida Statutes and related Florida Statutes and or Florida Attorney General Opinions.

3. Review undocumented activity with management and request invoice documentation from vendors as deemed warranted by management to achieve the purpose of the engagement.

4. CRI will prepare a report documenting the results of the procedures performed and other relevant disclosures CRI feels should be brought to the attention of management.

After

The additional or restated procedures are as follows:

Based on documentation maintained by the Clerk of Court Walton County, Florida, the following procedures would be performed:

1. Carr, Riggs and Ingram (CRI) will summarize Florida Statute 125.0104 and the various County ordinances that established and govern the Walton County Tourist Development Council (TDC).

2. CRI will obtain credit card statements from April 1, 2007 through March 31 , 2010 for all TDC credit card holders, with the exception of David Sell and Tiffany McCaskill .

3. CRI will review documentation provided by the Clerk of Court for each transaction to determine if the transaction appears to be adequately documented and complied with the TDC's Expense and Travel Policy, with the exception of determining whether the expenditure is reasonable and necessary which is at the sole discretion of the TDC per its general guidelines, County policies and Section 125.0104 Florida Statutes.

4. CRI will prepare a report summarizing the findings of the above-noted procedures and determine whether the transactions meet TDC policies, County policies, or Section 125.0104 Florida Statutes.

Excerpts from Billing invoice detailing draft review, participants, location and cost.

Date Employee CST SubCat Service Memo Hrs. Billed
8/31/2010 Galloway OTSVC AGRPR 37400 Review TDC Credit Card Report 29.50 8,280.00

9/30/2010 Galloway OTSVC AGRPR 37400 Meetings with County attorney GRM and BCC Chmn Scott Brannon in Enterprise Office of CRI ? discussed Draft of AGRPR report 5.00 1.400.00

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Where is the report or isn't this public knowlege?

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
There does not appear to be any public disclosure on the income from bed tax versus the expenditure of the TDC

There are "sales pitches" on attempts to justify dollars spent

http://partners.beachesofsouthwalton.com/content/download/6584/90679/AnnualReport20092010.pdf
http://partners.beachesofsouthwalto...trategic+Plan+Draft+Final+DM+updated+3.17.pdf

Experiment: Dont spend a dime on out of town advertising for the area and see how many people still visit/return.
Experiment; Use local vendors to supply TDC with print, web and other services instead of OUT OF STATE whenever there is just as skilled businesses here.
Experiment; see how much more visitors spend whenever they dont have the added bed tax to pay

Last edited: