• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cabythesea

Beach Lover
Jan 16, 2009
Seagrove Business Traveler

I travel almost weekly - a business traveler. Where I used to go to VPS every week, I have gone there once since May 23rd. I still travel Delta when I must, but I have earned 5 free flights on Southwest so far. Although I do not pay for my flights, I do book the most economic flights I can find. The easy commute to ECP makes a big difference - 35 minutes without traffic.
I understand this is not why St. Joe built this airport - it?s all about tourist who will buy/build houses or at least come and spend money. Is that a bad thing?
Bottom line - the new airport has made my life easier and will benefit the tourist industry over time. Complain if you must but take it from someone who travels frequently - the new airport is a huge positive!!!!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Gee - the city that lost out on Southwest sounds a little bitter. News Flash: tourism travel to Emerald Coast plummets after summer.

The Daily News article was a reprint of the original Business Week article. Note the utter lack of spelling or grammar mistakes, which is a major sign that no one at the DN came near the story.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Are fares really cheap into the new fantabulous airport since it is obviously 'off season?'

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There are teaser fairs which Southwest pushes on occasion, like $39 one way flights to Orlando, $60 to Nashville, Houston, Baltimore, Chicago. Sign up for their facebook page.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
One of the reasons that the national level of "flight fullness" is much higher than PC is that airlines have cut flights and are doing everything they can to send out full planes and save money.

The 83% they reference for national is about 10-15% higher than usual. 60% at PC with that many flights a day is much better than I thought they'd do.

And while tourists do fly, many locals do too. If PC could get the fares down, I'd probably use them for 5-6 flights a year.

Yes SJ, I know they have teaser fares and whatever, but those are never when or where I am wanting to fly.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Just wanted you to know I hear you and have checked, but haven't been able to get those fares yet.

Maybe I'll get to fly through there in 2011. :D