• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GreatSouthern

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2008
Hello to all, I happened to see this thread and figured that if you all are going to talk about Riverwalk, then Riverwalk should be represented. Please be candid in all of your comments as I want to know how you really feel and will answer all questions as I can.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
:welcome: and thanks for posting. I am very concerned about the Freeport market. As bad as we all know it is down on the coast do you all have any thoughts on Freeport. Some of the pricing I am seeing in the north competes with stuff two blocks off the beach. It is almost like the agents have not been keeping up with the market. I mean no offense to anyone. I think Freeport area is our future but the vision seems to be short sighted. Any thoughts and update will be appreciated. Also, when is a grocery store coming?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
How long before the five star hotel is opened, and what are the real chances that Ritz Carlton will be running the show? Out of all the projects in Freeport, I think RiverWalk may be my personal favorite for potential homes, and I love the boardwalks, and the boat slips will be great and are much needed. I've seen the architectural sketches for the homes, and they look much like WaterColor homes, which I think will do fine. I just don't see a five star hotel market in Freeport, and wonder from where your skilled workforce will be imported.

On a separate note, is there truly a market for a five star hotel in Eufaula, AL, the Large Mouth Fishing Capital of the South Eastern US, and who do you anticipate buying those 5,000+ extra homes, since the current flood of homes on the market in Eufaula, haven't been selling for the last five years (and since the current population of Eufaula is probably less than 15,000)?

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
oops. This is actually Bobby J. I did not know I was on Romeos name. Sorry Romeo!

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
:welcome: and thanks for posting. I am very concerned about the Freeport market. As bad as we all know it is down on the coast do you all have any thoughts on Freeport. Some of the pricing I am seeing in the north competes with stuff two blocks off the beach. It is almost like the agents have not been keeping up with the market. I mean no offense to anyone. I think Freeport area is our future but the vision seems to be short sighted. Any thoughts and update will be appreciated. Also, when is a grocery store coming?

What I/she said?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm curious if Ritz Carlton is really interested in the panhandle. This is now the 4th location I've heard of in 2 years.

1.) Pier Park (Supposedly where tower 3 of Calypso is now being built)
2.) Destin Commons (The new extension slated to start soon)
3.) Henderson Park (To replace the old Henderson Park Inn)
4.) Riverwalk Freeport

I seriously doubt we are getting all 4. :dunno:

GreatSouthern

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2008
Some of the pricing I am seeing in the north competes with stuff two blocks off the beach. re coming? It is almost like the agents have not been keeping up with the market.

Our prices are based on the amenity rich environment that we are envisioning. Riverwalk is a Modern, New Urbanist Community. The project is comprised of many amenities plus a Hotel, Commercial District, and Residential Areas. It also has a lot of nature preserve space and lots of green space. If Riverwalk was to be built completely overnight, then the costs would be justified by the environment.

GS

Last edited:

GreatSouthern

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2008
I'm curious if Ritz Carlton is really interested in the panhandle. This is now the 4th location I've heard of in 2 years.

1.) Pier Park (Supposedly where tower 3 of Calypso is now being built)
2.) Destin Commons (The new extension slated to start soon)
3.) Henderson Park (To replace the old Henderson Park Inn)
4.) Riverwalk Freeport

I seriously doubt we are getting all 4. :dunno:

How long before the five star hotel is opened, and what are the real chances that Ritz Carlton will be running the show? Out of all the projects in Freeport, I think RiverWalk may be my personal favorite for potential homes, and I love the boardwalks, and the boat slips will be great and are much needed. I've seen the architectural sketches for the homes, and they look much like WaterColor homes, which I think will do fine. I just don't see a five star hotel market in Freeport, and wonder from where your skilled workforce will be imported.

On a separate note, is there truly a market for a five star hotel in Eufaula, AL, the Large Mouth Fishing Capital of the South Eastern US, and who do you anticipate buying those 5,000+ extra homes, since the current flood of homes on the market in Eufaula, haven't been selling for the last five years (and since the current population of Eufaula is probably less than 15,000)?

On the hotel, I am unable to go into any depth on that other than that which you can find out on your own. Ask again in a few months.

Last edited: