• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

"Savannah" dinner

New posts
jdarg said:
Alli, bring enough to make fried grits for breakfast...yum!
I know just how to make them, too!!!!....yummy stuff!!!!!!
 
jdarg said:
Alli, bring enough to make fried grits for breakfast...yum!

If you have leftover potatoes from Red Bar or 331 they make excellent 'Tater
Boogers for breakfast! GTTBD makes awesome 'Tater Boogers!
 
Johnrudy said:
I guess I should've clarified that it's my own personal favorite to add the parmesan cheese, but no, that surely isn't southern. And yes, chick. broth is great or half and half, etc.

Whitesands, I'm orginally from South Alabama ("stuck" in Chgo. only for a few more years!)

Johnrudy - where in South Alabama. I'm a South Alabama gal myself (Dothan). Still there - close to the beach - I love it!
 
Allifunn said:
QUOTE]Looks like we're gonna have to have a grits cook off down here. Everybody swears theirs is the best. You guys are gonna have to put up :floor:

That would be funn!!!! I'll bring the Adaluh grits!!!

Butter added to grits does not rise to the top...margarine does...because it is not a natural product, but man made and gross!! (kinda like a seawall :biggrin: )[/QUOTE]
Allifunn you ar right - margerine it is - just this LA girl (who knows the difference) always calls her margarine butter. Don't use butter a lot only occassionally baking. The grits are simple but the best I have ever had (not when I cook them, but when my Mom does). I love cheese grits and all the other "souped up" versions, but you just can't beat good old, plain country style grits. I will have to be more precise with my wording next time. Thanks for clarifying that for us!
 
imasunbum said:
Johnrudy - where in South Alabama. I'm a South Alabama gal myself (Dothan). Still there - close to the beach - I love it!
Andalusia. I'm glad NOT to still be living there tho. I know (or knew) Dothan and Enterprise well.
 
gotothebeachmom said:
If you have leftover potatoes from Red Bar or 331 they make excellent 'Tater
Boogers for breakfast! GTTBD makes awesome 'Tater Boogers!

Do you think FTTBD would share his "Tater Booger recipe? :biggrin: I'd love to serve something called 'Tater Boogers. As you can see, I am enjoying just typing 'Tater Boogers.
 
jdarg said:
Do you think FTTBD would share his "Tater Booger recipe? :biggrin: I'd love to serve something called 'Tater Boogers. As you can see, I am enjoying just typing 'Tater Boogers.

"Tater Boogers".....just makes me laugh :lol: Please post the recipe gttbm :biggrin:
 
just this LA girl (who knows the difference) always calls her margarine butter. Don't use butter a lot only occassionally baking.

LOL....too funny!:D I used to use margarine..thought it was better for me, but now I believe that a small amount of real butter is better for you and your health, than a larger portion of the stuff that stays in your system for a long time!
 
imasunbum said:
Johnrudy - where in South Alabama. I'm a South Alabama gal myself (Dothan). Still there - close to the beach - I love it!
I think Dothan is a lovely town...beautiful old homes!!!!:wub:
 
destindreamin said:
"Tater Boogers".....just makes me laugh :lol: Please post the recipe gttbm :biggrin:

I'm going to get FutureBeachBum to post it. We have an "arrangement" he cooks I clean. I am fairly convinced he gets the better end of the deal. :funn: it's worh it though. That boy can cook. :wub:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top