• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I guess I should've clarified that it's my own personal favorite to add the parmesan cheese, but no, that surely isn't southern. And yes, chick. broth is great or half and half, etc.

Whitesands, I'm orginally from South Alabama ("stuck" in Chgo. only for a few more years!)

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Cork On the Ocean said:
Looks like we're gonna have to have a grits cook off down here. Everybody swears theirs is the best. You guys are gonna have to put up :rotfl:

I can't cook em but I can mail you a box whitesands.
I was thinking the same thing :blush:. And there's no one in my house, or any of my Yankee friends, that will touch grits. :sosad: :sosad: :sosad: It's sad. :sosad:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
QUOTE]Looks like we're gonna have to have a grits cook off down here. Everybody swears theirs is the best. You guys are gonna have to put up :rotfl: [/QUOTE]

That would be funn!!!! I'll bring the Adaluh grits!!!

Butter added to grits does not rise to the top...margarine does...because it is not a natural product, but man made and gross!! (kinda like a seawall :D )

whitesands

Beach Lover
Sep 17, 2005
Allifunn said:
good god white sands where are you from that you can't find grits??? shrimp and grits IS the dish of Savannah and the south!!! I will personally send you the best grits (Adaluh, here in Columbia, stone ground) and I will send you an amazing recipe for shrimp...I have made them many times for my sorority girls...and they love them so much that I am making them for their Parents weekend in April.

on the other hand ..the jambalaya (aka JUMbalaya) recipe I have is very good...just give it plenty of time to cook:D ...don't settle for what ever recipe it is you are contemplating!!!!!!!!! I BEG you!!!! DO NOT DO IT!!! A low country boil is better than that!!!!!....corn, sausage, shrimp and red skinned potatoes...very Savannah!!!

We are about an hour south of Detroit in the country.

These grits recipes sounds scrumptious! I will definitely make some at the beach next year. From the sound of it, you need PRACTICE! I'll let you know how I make out! Also, the fresh shrimp are so wonderful at the Gulf.

Thanks!

whitesands

Beach Lover
Sep 17, 2005
Johnrudy said:
I was thinking the same thing :blush:. And there's no one in my house, or any of my Yankee friends, that will touch grits. :sosad: :sosad: :sosad: It's sad. :sosad:

Oh no! That is sad. I can't imagine why. I'm "northern" and I LOVE grits!

whitesands

Beach Lover
Sep 17, 2005
Cork On the Ocean said:
Looks like we're gonna have to have a grits cook off down here. Everybody swears theirs is the best. You guys are gonna have to put up :rotfl:

I can't cook em but I can mail you a box whitesands.

LOL...I don't know if I can cook em either YET! I'll let you know how it goes. Lots of really wonderful recipe ideas here though.

whitesands

Beach Lover
Sep 17, 2005
I feel like I'm letting everyone down, but I'm definitely going with the dreaded chicken and sausage pot, served over rice. Sorry...but thanks so much for all your input. It was great fun!

omg did I really say that? Of course, I mean it was great FUNN! :blush: