• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
So... who wants to put wagers on the time it takes to complete this project...I'm pretty bad with memory, but didn't the last, flat level bridge in Dune Allen take about a year? I'm assuming, of course, they will use the same contractor...:blink:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Thread says " starting Sept. 14" so guess what?? they are now 48 hours late starting. Sept 15 still open. #latestart ..
Bets on March 1 2016 completion ?

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Does Walton county have a traffic engineering manager like Bay county? Just wondering if we have anything more than a road crew that half-ass fixes potholes. Those of you that have to deal with this already delayed bridge closing... I feel for ya.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Does Walton county have a traffic engineering manager like Bay county? Just wondering if we have anything more than a road crew that half-ass fixes potholes. Those of you that have to deal with this already delayed bridge closing... I feel for ya.

No, we also don't elect state representation that diverts ridiculous amounts of money for both infrastructure and to pad a political cronies pocket.

To be fair our public works folks have a huge job with the largest county in the state. I still feel they did an excellent job with the repaving in Seagrove despite causing housewives to miss mani/pedi appointments, but they can speed through at twice the speed limit on that new coating!

Also keep in mind that the large salaries are reserved for elected officials and produce nothing layers of management. How long would you last in the hot sun over hot asphalt for around $10/hr.?

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
No, we also don't elect state representation that diverts ridiculous amounts of money for both infrastructure and to pad a political cronies pocket.

To be fair our public works folks have a huge job with the largest county in the state. I still feel they did an excellent job with the repaving in Seagrove despite causing housewives to miss mani/pedi appointments, but they can speed through at twice the speed limit on that new coating!

Also keep in mind that the large salaries are reserved for elected officials and produce nothing layers of management. How long would you last in the hot sun over hot asphalt for around $10/hr.?

I understand where you're coming from, but being the largest county and having little in the way of planning or foresight and poor infrastructure, we should have a higher standard here than mediocre pavers. They left a bowl in our street, so guess where it floods...yep, my yard.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I understand where you're coming from, but being the largest county and having little in the way of planning or foresight and poor infrastructure, we should have a higher standard here than mediocre pavers. They left a bowl in our street, so guess where it floods...yep, my yard.

No problem. Are you paying cash or check?

I'm not saying it's entirely a funding issue, but you get what you pay for.

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2015
Miramar Beach
As I recall, when our neighbor Mike Huckabee got involved last time on this, that temp bridge was up in, like, a week. I vote for The Governor to be Adjunct Project Manager.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
As I recall, when our neighbor Mike Huckabee got involved last time on this, that temp bridge was up in, like, a week. I vote for The Governor to be Adjunct Project Manager.
No, that was redfish lake , the drive over ( no bridge) clogged drain and caused SOME road wash out. Road sat closed for over a month. County thinking about a fix. Huck calls fl. Governor ... job done and finished in a week.

There is NO way Draper should take 6 months. ( min) probably much more.

Once word is out that 30A is closed Spring breakers will disappear. Maybe that's NOT bad