• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Walton County

Road Closure Notification for County Highway 30-A between Gulf Place and Blue Mountain Beach

Detours routes will be implemented via CR393 to US Hwy 98 to CR 83.

[Update - the official detour has been moved east to 283 (Grayton Rd) instead of 83 (Blue Mountain Rd) to relieve congestion at 83 and 98 which has no traffic light. The light at 98 and 283 should make the route safer. ]

Message boards and detour signage will be installed prior to the road closure taking affect.

Walton County Public Works is scheduled to facilitate the closure of County Highway 30-A beginning September14, 2015 to begin construction of a new bridge at Draper Lake.

The road closure will take place approximately .80 miles east of CR 393 at Draper Lake.

The bridge construction project and the associated road closure will restrict thru traffic for the duration of the project. The bridge construction project is scheduled to be complete by March 1, 2016.

Please contact Walton County Public Works at 892-8108 with any questions related to this project.

detour.png

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
VERY IMPORTANT

Restaurants and other businesses on Scenic 30A between Gulf Place (393) and Blue Mountain Beach (83) are going to suffer from a decrease in traffic, during what is already a slow period.

Please think about them and take your business there! Even if you have to go out of your way.

Cafe Bolo
Highlands House
Goatfeathers
Local Catch
Cafe Tango
Basmati's
Sally's
Johnny McTighe's
Marie's Bistro
Grecian Gardens
Redd's Fueling Station
For The Health Of It
Big Daddy's Bikes
Laloba's Bakery
Nick's On the Beach

Sorry if I missed anyone please post on this thread!

Last edited:

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I'm curious what the new bridge will look like. Has anyone seen plans?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It's a difficult location.Maybe 60' drop off to creek below. Not an easy access project.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Could be a bad ass span further up to eliminate the dip and give a great view over the bike bridge, but I'm not holding my breath.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Yeah, that would be sweet, but highly unlikely.