• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

How did you vote in the School Board Referendum?

• Yes

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
Anyone else notice that Misty did not challenge one word I wrote when I wrote about "also true"? I don't think it is because of lack of ability to intellectually engage. I think it is because there is no intellectually honest response. The NO crowd's message is...." We elect jackasses to serve on the school board. Since voted for them, but can't trust them, we want to make sure we get the same opportunity to vote for as many other jackasses for as many county offices as possible. Don't take away our right to elect jackasses, the more jackasses we elect, the more jackasses we can blame for Walton County failures."

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Let's see which "jackasses" (your words) support this referendum.

The candidates currently running don't all support it...just ask Mr. Glidewell.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Is he one of the "jackasses" to which you refer?

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
Once again you miss the point or choose to ignore it, Misty. While I would like every candidate to support YES, that is irrelevant. If the referendum passes, those elected are obligated to follow the law. If it does pass, I suspect that our elected officials will make speeches about how they respect the views of the voters, this was their position all along, blah blah. I don't know Glidewell, not sure yet who the right person is, but I respect that he at least states his position clearly. I will not criticize him, even though I disagree on this issue, he deserves respect for standing up and stating his view.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
To be fair I gave Campanella a pretty good beating on here as well. We've since kissed and made up. Although we still have differences on some issues we agree that the superintendent position should be appointed.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Let's see which "jackasses" (your words) support this referendum.

The candidates currently running don't all support it...just ask Mr. Glidewell.

And why do we care about Mr. Glidewell's opinion on the school superintendent referendum? Last time I checked, the county commissioners don't have any say in school district matters, other than to put referendums on the ballot ;).

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It is not a matter of laughing after the 26th, it is a matter of whether or not the kids receive all they deserve in Walton County. Education is not a joking matter or one that should be resolved by political power. I won't comment on what might be said after the election now. And either way, after the 26th there will be no laughter.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Sample ballots are online.

I would love to hear input on school board candidates. I know little if anything about any of them. This is the problem with electing a superintendent. The general public has to really do their homework to know what they are voting for - many aren't willing to do this. It's a risky thing to elect a superintendent when people don't know anything about the candidates except what they may have seen in an ad, or gossip they've heard.