• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

How did you vote in the School Board Referendum?

• Yes

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Those are the facts they "forget" to post as they destroy their argument.

Bob I have no issues posting the info or where I found it. No where in the article I read did it say the Super stayed on pro bono for 3 years.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Assuming is the mother of all screw ups Mr. Hudson. You assume I knew that as well. Again, that information was not contained in the articles I read.

You keep insisting this will save the taxpayers money but that has not proven to be the case in several Florida Counties

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
And one again you are wrong !

Please review the tape of the WCSB meeting where I asked that the item be placed on the August ballot. I specifically stated that the change would cost money in the short run and most likely save money in the future.

All of your data on that is valid in the past - but you never noted the changes that have been made since. That is the exact "objection" that I made concerning the "buy out - termination" of Greg Kisela by the BCC which was also reported in the media.

That information about legislative limits and benefits has been posted here, on the Wings website and was a part of the presentations I made at different public forums and meetings.

Ignorance of the law is no defense.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
Hired Supers have higher pay scales which include a benefit package, career development and/or other perks. Canceling a contract could result in severance and leave pay. Additional costs could include fees for search and hiring. Paying out severance/leave packages could be very costly in addition to paying another hired Super.

Some of what you say is true. Other things are true, but overdramatize the issue. True: On average appointed supers make more. Also true: On average they also have more administrative experience and better credentials than elected. True: a super might ask for career development money in his/her contract. Also true: career development is continuing education. I think I am okay with someone in a leadership role asking for career development/training. True: There could be a severance package cost if the contract is terminated at the board's pleasure. Also true: Most contracts have non-performance clauses that vitiate payouts based upon certain actions. This seems a better alternative than waiting 4 years until the next election, or waiting on a governor to fire a super. True: When a super leaves, you may have to pay for accrued leave. Also true: Elected or appointed, leave is currently accrued. Also true: Easily solved the way many companies do it, put in a Use it or lose it policy. Also true, to get a clean audit, the school system already accrues for the cost of leave that would have to be paid out. This is standard accounting. Nothing earth shattering. True: the super would have a benefits package. Also true: school system employees already have good benefits that cost the system.

True: recruitment will cost money. Also true: recruitment is currently known as campaign contributions. Usually from cronies who want the school district to buy their land, etc.
It seems to me that every concern that is brought up by the NO vote are really easy issues that businesses address every day. A board with experienced business professionals could handle all of these things.

True: recruitment is a potential cost that would be bore by the school system. Also true: Recruitment is currently bring paid for by a few cronies who call it campaign contributions.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Eddins is deeply indebted to his campaign contributors as is Catalano to the Jones camp. Voting for either of these 2 will buy this County a heap more problems regardless of whether or not its hired or elected. Some are obviously happy with Kirby's political connections and have donated accordingly. In my personal opinion Kirby has always been a "yes man"(woman) for the politicos in DFS.

That means to me there are 2 current school board members and of the 2 the only one I trust to keep his word and do what he says he will do is Mark Davis.

Last edited:

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Campanella ? How would he be indebted - he's not a candidate . Isn't he the guy you made all the negative comments about ? How he was a "pretty boy" and how he wore a "fancy" sweater, etc. before he dropped out. I think your wrong again !

image-3072760718.jpg

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Sorry...mis-typed Should have read Jason Catalano.

All fixed just for you Bob.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Campanella ? How would he be indebted - he's not a candidate . Isn't he the guy you made all the negative comments about ? How he was a "pretty boy" and how he wore a "fancy" sweater, etc. before he dropped out. I think your wrong again !
View attachment 37500

Let's see whose laughing after the 26th, shall we?