• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
TreeFrog said:
No, it's not more expensive than anywhere else, just more expensive than the average framing carpenter wants to pay.

I usually eat lunch there once a week. In season, I'd guess 80% of the tables are vacationers, one or two tables of real construction workers. The remainder appear to be construction managers, developers, etc. which would account for some trucks out front. Maybe I'm not there when they are, who knows?
The "hard working" folks normally eat outside on the porch to get away from the crowd.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Has anyone heard if the new hotel at the market is still a go for Aug construction or have slow sales pushed the start date back?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Lunches at Seagrove market are reasonable but the same food ordered at dinner (or very similar) is quite expensive. I don't know who's eating there at lunch because I'm typically too focused on my po'boy.

Oh, it's good to be back on SoWal.com and talking about food...

Paige

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2005
Arkansas
I was there last week. Ate lunch there twice. Grouper Sandwich. Love it. I asked when they were moving and they said it may be a year or more. Said they will probably still be there next summer.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Paige said:
I was there last week. Ate lunch there twice. Grouper Sandwich. Love it. I asked when they were moving and they said it may be a year or more. Said they will probably still be there next summer.

Oh PoBOY!!! :clap_1:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
:clap_1: I am so glad to hear this, since I did not get a chance to eat there this year!!! I am so happy!!!!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I had my weekly lunch there today. The grouper was just fine, thank you, as usual.

They've taken down most of the signage for the Hotel Whateveritssillynameis, so maybe that project is on hold?

And yes, there were real construction workers there today, but the vacationer count was way down, making room for them.

ladybug8876

leslie lou
Mar 20, 2005
Paducah, Ky
:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: My sister and I are going to be there in Sept. and ever since I've been reading about those Grouper sandwiches I've been wanting one. Was afraid I was going to miss out on my chance to eat there. By the way how is thier breakfast?