• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
pk305, I am going to have to teach you some things. In the meantime, you are on my naughty list. Stop spreading these lies about October. :bang: You know that the month of October is mating season for the Alligators and they often come to sun on the beach. The Bull Sharks and HammerHeads always feed close to shore in Oct. Hurricanes often form in Oct. Yellow Flies bite people on the beach, and Dog Flies bite everywhere else. Etc, Etc.

Oh SJ...I feel your pain. When will these people learn not to spread falsehoods about the month of OCT?? I had totally forgotten about alligator mating season....heaven help us all!! In the meantime, I have begun packing my survival kit for the Oct. trek...wish me well!

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Quietly whispers that alligator mating season is in May, plus they hide in the shallow backwaters of the swamps to fight for their mates, well away from all people.

Sounds like somebody's trying to hog the pretties. Hey, go for it, but don't confuse the alligators! They'll be in the gym getting buff for mates that aren't there yet!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I'd be watching out for that guy in the red sling suit - he might go for your women folk. Probably more aggressive than the alligators.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg said:
I'd be watching out for that guy in the red sling suit - he might go for your women folk. Probably more aggressive than the alligators.

He looks like real good bait to me!!! Whoops...for the critters, NOT ME!!!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Sueshore said:
He looks like real good bait to me!!! Whoops...for the critters, NOT ME!!!

You know Sueshore, it is obvious from the comments that the ladies on this board would never let their spouses/sig. others/(or other male family members, including grandpa) out in public wearing a tiny boy suit. I take comfort in that. It is an important part of keeping South Walton beautiful!

OhioBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
MidWest OH
Smiling JOe said:
pk305, I am going to have to teach you some things. In the meantime, you are on my naughty list. Stop spreading these lies about October. :bang: You know that the month of October is mating season for the Alligators and they often come to sun on the beach. The Bull Sharks and HammerHeads always feed close to shore in Oct. Hurricanes often form in Oct. Yellow Flies bite people on the beach, and Dog Flies bite everywhere else. Etc, Etc.
You forgot to mention the hoards of agitated butterflies, flocks of cranky, aggressive midwestern hummingbirds on their way to Mexico & the Caribbean, and gaggles of crazed jellyfish (aren't the 'gators really hungry from all that mating too?).

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
CastlesOfSand said:
Thats it ... I'm coming every October from now on.. lol... you can't fool me!! :lolabove:

I think the classroom is acting up. I am serious Oct is a bad month for you to visit.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
marinebiology451 said:
Quietly whispers that alligator mating season is in May, plus they hide in the shallow backwaters of the swamps to fight for their mates, well away from all people.

Sounds like somebody's trying to hog the pretties. Hey, go for it, but don't confuse the alligators! They'll be in the gym getting buff for mates that aren't there yet!

Marine boy, you just think you know everything.The next thing you will be telling me is that the Hammerheads and Bull Sharks don't come in close to shore to feed during the month of Oct in SoWal.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg said:
You know Sueshore, it is obvious from the comments that the ladies on this board would never let their spouses/sig. others/(or other male family members, including grandpa) out in public wearing a tiny boy suit. I take comfort in that. It is an important part of keeping South Walton beautiful!

Indeed....we aim to keep our beaches beautiful at any cost. The Visual Pollution caused by these sling wearers mars the view from any angle! But, I must admit it is good for a chuckle...don't you always wonder..."WHAT IS HE THINKING?"!!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Sueshore said:
Indeed....we aim to keep our beaches beautiful at any cost. The Visual Pollution caused by these sling wearers mars the view from any angle! But, I must admit it is good for a chuckle...don't you always wonder..."WHAT IS HE THINKING?"!!

He's thinking 2 things: 1) "If I wear this suit, it will make me look REALLY manly in a certain area", and 2) "Chicks won't be able to tear their eyes away from my enhanced manliness."

What the wearer does not realize is that most chicks are staring and snickering, and the few chicks that ARE drooling are not really chicks, if ya know what I mean.

Or maybe he just drank that giant marg at CoCo's.