• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
That is the exact reason why when I'm surf fishing, I move down the beach if people come around to swim. I'm not going to be responsible for someone getting chewed up.

dustyrider

Beach Comber
What's the local latest?????

Hello !! all you So. Wal Beach folks, what is the local word on the new attack. Are they going to close the beaches? We are coming down 7-23-7-30 and maybe reconsidering now. It kind of takes the fun out knowing you may not be able to go into the water.
Kurt whats the news you know? I found this board looking for info on this area and I love it!!!Kurt you give such great info for the nonlocals. :welcome: Great web site and pics!! It's great to know these types of boards are available KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND TO ALL WHO HELP SUPPORT THE BOARD!!!! :clap_1: I feel like I already know the place.I guess we'll just wait and see

mkm19602000

Beach Comber
May 24, 2005
katmoo,

I have MSNBC on right now. They are broadcasting the presser at the Walton Co. Sheriff's office. MSNBC had reported earlier that the attack was at Cape San Blas.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama

lollygal

Beach Fanatic
I can't believe there's been another one! That is truly frightening - hope it doesn't start a panic with renters, etc. I thought Saturday's fatal attack was a freak accident. Obviously there is something going on with the sharks. Wish they would move the heck out of the area!

Sheila

SoWal Insider
lollygal said:
I can't believe there's been another one! That is truly frightening - hope it doesn't start a panic with renters, etc. I thought Saturday's fatal attack was a freak accident. Obviously there is something going on with the sharks. Wish they would move the heck out of the area!

This one actually happened in Gulf County. AirHeart2 is based out of Walton County. He was transported to a Bay County Hospital in critical condition. According to the news conference that just ended. Bay and Walton are flying green and purple flags today.

Someone that is actually there may be able to confirm that. But that was from the Walton County Sheriff's ofc. spokesman.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
JB said:
A shark who kills a human should have his skull ripped open by a .44 magnum. Sorry, but that's how I feel.
I wonder if marine biologists are required to take any electives in logic and reasoning.

I think logic is what is needed HERE, actually. The shark did what sharks do. God made them that way. The shark probably didn't realize that his target was a human until it was too late. It is so tragic and unfortunate that this happened, but I don't see how hatred or anger at the shark, on a personal level, can be logical. If killing this one shark, for the sole purpose of eliminating a danger, were the issue, I could understand the reasoning. But killing a single shark for mistakenly preying on a young girl is not going to help anyone. It's just blind revenge against unchanging nature.

Truth is, there is no one here we can direct our anger or helplessness at, and that's a cheap cop-out anyway. We just have to take what comes, and offer our prayers and condolances to this girl's family and all others involved.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Wow, just heard about the second attack. This is unbelievable... something is definitely going on with the sharks. Do they know what kind of shark it was?

Status
Not open for further replies.