• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
kimbug said:
Had dinner @ Snapperheads last night with my mom, dad & kids. Everyone had fun...just the kind of place my parents love...LAID BACK and no pretentious sorts allowed!! We especially enjoyed the baked oysters and my daughter loved her burger. We had okay service. Keep up the good the work! :clap_1:

What are baked oysters? :dunno:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
30A Skunkape said:
What are baked oysters? :dunno:

You know...like Oysters Rockefeller, baked in the shell with seasonings?

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
had lunch in snapperheads yesterday. great burger, bleu something. came almost mid-rare as i ordered, with much peppers, onions, and mushrooms(had to cut it in half to manhandle it :boxing: ) with the quality of the burger ingredients, i was dissapointed with the frozen breaded onion rings , and the rather small portion of slaw. my friends had the special, counrty friend steak(also frozen) with mashed potatoes and beans 'n corn, pleasant service, with attention to refills, and great iced tea. my only suggestion to john beebe would be to move away from the frozen stuff. a batter dipped onion ring would make a better lasting impression than the frozen ones did.

i like the smokefree environment in there now. the smoking was what kept me from going there frequently.

jr

edit: i mistyped fries and should have been onion rings

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
John R said:
had lunch in snapperheads yesterday. great burger, bleu something. came almost mid-rare as i ordered, with much peppers, onions, and mushrooms(had to cut it in half to manhandle it :boxing: ) with the quality of the burger ingredients, i was dissapointed with the frozen breaded fries, and the rather small portion of slaw.
jr

I was thinking of giving Snapperheads a try again (haven't been in a few years) cause your description of the burger is yummy! but then you had to say "breaded fries". yucky! frozen crinkle cut or shoe string fries - fine! frozen and breaded with some crunchy stuff added to the outside - no way. why some restaurants insist on serving this kind of french fry is beyond me. We've left handwritten notes to restaurant managers around town because of the mistreatment of the simple fry.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Tootsie said:
I was thinking of giving Snapperheads a try again (haven't been in a few years) cause your description of the burger is yummy! but then you had to say "breaded fries". yucky! frozen crinkle cut or shoe string fries - fine! frozen and breaded with some crunchy stuff added to the outside - no way. why some restaurants insist on serving this kind of french fry is beyond me. We've left handwritten notes to restaurant managers around town because of the mistreatment of the simple fry.

that is too funny!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I agree with you Toots! What are they trying to hide with that breading? Simplicity rules!

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Tootsie said:
the breading is corn starch , I think, and it helps the fry have longevity after being fried...the there is NOTHING worse than fries that have sat under warming lights for too long...but the "breading" helps the fry maintain their crunchiness for longer periods of time...and BELIEVE me...when you are slammed with alot of customers...serving fries in a timely manner is all most customers care about....my sorority girls love them...but then they are not conosuers of fries....:D ....the corn starch allows you to cook them a little in advance...thus allowing more volume! SO>...you have all been fry educated....:funn: