• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachma

Beach Lover
Apr 22, 2005
Thanks! He's a cutie...here's one more from this past August...he's 18 mos. in this one. I think this last trip in August was his 4th trip to the beach...and we live 12 hours away! I should also give credit where credit is due...my son/daughter-in-law are the photographers...they do an awesome job in capturing him! :clap_1:

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
beachma said:
We've been down several times for the week between Christmas & New Years. It's usually a little too chilly to sit on the beach for hours upon hours like we do in the Summer/Fall....but it's gorgeous. It's different for the sand to feel cold on your bare feet! We usually get by wearing shorts & sweatshirts...although, if the sun's not out sweats/jeans are needed. There are incredible sunsets in the winter...try to stay as close to the beach as possible. I have a picture of my grandson on the beach last December...but I'm not sure how to post it...he's all bundled up because it was late afternoon it's an adorable picture! December is great...you'll love it! :love:
We'll be going the week before Christmas, which I'm beginning to think is either sheer genius or madness, not sure which!

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
beachma said:
Okay...I'm not sure this worked it's my first try at posting a picture, but my son showed me how to decrease the size...the picture is one of my favorites and was taken last December! :love:
Oh, what an amazing shot! I need some picture editing help myself; I can't for the life of me get a custom avatar made, no matter how I try! Grrrr...

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Precious photo..a treasure

ktschris

Beach Fanatic
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis
beachma said:
Thanks! He's a cutie...here's one more from this past August...he's 18 mos. in this one. I think this last trip in August was his 4th trip to the beach...and we live 12 hours away! I should also give credit where credit is due...my son/daughter-in-law are the photographers...they do an awesome job in capturing him! :clap_1:
:clap_1: And look! He's only 18 mos. and was smart enough to stay out of the dunes!!!! :clap_1:

He is adorable!!

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
beachma said:
Okay...I'm not sure this worked it's my first try at posting a picture, but my son showed me how to decrease the size...the picture is one of my favorites and was taken last December! :love:

too cute!!!!!! :love:

beachma

Beach Lover
Apr 22, 2005
:love: Thanks! We were there a few weeks after Dennis...stayed down in the area of One Seagrove Place...it was really sad to see the dune destruction. The beach had been cleaned up and we did have a beach walk right at the house we were staying in which was a REAL blessing! The sand piles at the dune line had just been scraped up during the week we were there. One Seagrove Place must have had some sand brought in because they had a huge pile that people used to walk up to the building. I'm not sure if it was considered dunes...but there were some well worn paths through it. The water was absolutely gorgeous...calm as a lake and totally clear and free of seaweed, jellies all week....nothing but the little silver fish that love to nibble at your toes! Our grandson loved the sand...even took a few bites of it and didn't seem to mind! Fun time...wonderful memories!

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
beachma said:

What a little cutie!!