• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I've given away most of the things I've made, except for my growing pile of drawings, maybe a few pieces of pottery, a hat, and some furniture. Nothing really to share -- I promise. The other day, I found a bunch of old photos, including a couple of my hats. I'll try to remember to scan and post them. One I gave to a homeless guy at a parking lot to a beach in Oregon. He was hoping for food, but at the time, I was traveling and had no food to spare, but the weather was cool, and I had a hat which I just finished making. The other one I made as a special request which included the "biggest puff-ball" I could make. He lost it the day after I gave it to him. Such is life.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
I've given away most of the things I've made, except for my growing pile of drawings, maybe a few pieces of pottery, a hat, and some furniture. Nothing really to share -- I promise. The other day, I found a bunch of old photos, including a couple of my hats. I'll try to remember to scan and post them. One I gave to a homeless guy at a parking lot to a beach in Oregon. He was hoping for food, but at the time, I was traveling and had no food to spare, but the weather was cool, and I had a hat which I just finished making. The other one I made as a special request which included the "biggest puff-ball" I could make. He lost it the day after I gave it to him. Such is life.

You giving things away doesn't surprise us and we think it's great! Since you have nothing left to share, it appears that it is time for you to create something new. Would love to see the old photos you found ... will anxiously await the scans. So bummed that we didn't get to see the "biggest puff-ball" hat. We have a feeling he will find it today!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
hat_-_animal.jpg

This one is a bonus! This is "Animal," and his head isn't as funny-shaped as it appears. There are some serious dread locks under that hat.

hat_-_poster_nutbag.jpg

"Poster Nutbag" sporting his custom hat with the biggest poof-ball.

hat_-_oregon_coast.jpg

A random guy who needed some food, but received a hat instead. Yes, that is a dead Sea Lion on the beach in the background. It was gross.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
This one is a bonus! This is "Animal," and his head isn't as funny-shaped as it appears. There are some serious dread locks under that hat.

"Poster Nutbag" sporting his custom hat with the biggest poof-ball.

A random guy who needed some food, but received a hat instead. Yes, that is a dead Sea Lion on the beach in the background. It was gross.

Thanks SJ .... love the hats !!!! And that giant poof ball is awesome! Thinking that homeless guy probably super appreciated that hat to help keep him warm. It's cold on those Oregon beaches .... would have never figured that was a sea lion ... bummer ....

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
p8060005_sm.jpg

"Gerbers for Katy"
16"x20"
Acrylic on Canvas

(Thanks for the encouragement of using color, T. Cline. )