• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Smiling JOe said:
Here is a shot of my cup of tea:
P5130048.JPG
Where was that place again SJ???????? :dunno: :

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
seagrovelover said:
Where was that place again SJ???????? :dunno: :
It is my "special" place along the Gulf, a BIG, little Secret Garden. The marine bioligist writes as though he has been there before, but I cannot risk telling everyone because it would no longer look like the photo. Instead, it would look like Bonaroo III - Beachside.

Can you say WOO-HOO?
P5130029.JPG

Last edited:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
kurt said:

Beautiful, Beautiful Kurt. Thank you, made my day. Heading down Saturday, and I hope it is this beautiful when I get there!!!!!

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
There are quite a few secluded, clean and lovely areas. If there was public access to them they wouldn't be secluded, clean or lovely anymore - nuff said about them.

<QUOTE>
?If you don?t turn around, you wouldn?t know it was there,? Brady said.
Brad Pickel, the Director of Beach Management at the Walton County Tourist Development Council, said the beach has eroded to where peat deposits are outcropping. </QUOTE>

"If you don't look down, you'll never see you stepped in it", said I, "but you'll sure smell it, either then or later on in the car!".

yecch! here's some lovely poo for you!

SEPTIC TANKS AND BEACHES DON'T MIX!

containment or die (literally)!

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
I remember now Sj.....that was your secret spot, Enjoy it..... it sure is beautiful :D

jtnkelly

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2005
TN
We are in Seagrove, having to use the Pelayo public beach access since our condo's access is missing its last 20 feet of steps. There is very little sand on the beach, with a lot of that semi-fossilized, weird peat stuff exposed mixed in with black sand. Also several ancient cypress stumps sticking out -- kind of interesting thing to see.

You can see what happened to the sand -- it's about 40 yards off shore in a huge sand bar. Kind of strange; you can wade out there and the water is only ankle deep at low tide! It is very interesting, the past three days, to see the progress of the sand bar coming back into shore. What started out at 40 yards from the beach/water line on Saturday, is now only 15-20 yards out. Looks like Mother Nature will take care of things in time.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks for the update!

Indeed, the tide fattened by a full moon, and sweet rolling waves are bringing a lot of sand onshore.

Look what happened overnight - another reason not to leave your stuff out.

050622-gulftrace-007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.