• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I know that some years ago teachers with graduate degrees and years of teaching experience were paid very well. However, the trend in the last 4 years has been to get rid of the experienced teachers and hire young entry level teachers.

This is happening all over the country, and it is terrible.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I know that some years ago teachers with graduate degrees and years of teaching experience were paid very well. However, the trend in the last 4 years has been to get rid of the experienced teachers and hire young entry level teachers.

It's the Wal-Mart approach to education. Rather than cutting bloated unnecessary positions and salaries at the top you cut at the front lines while wondering why profits (graduation rates) and customer service (test scores) keep dropping.

Note: When I refer to test scores I don't just include the "gold standard" of FCAT, I refer also to the number of students taking advanced placement tests, LSATs, etc.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Referendum failed. Done. Over.

What did happen is fact:

1) C. Jones was elected and she owes us about $1000 for fraudulent insurance.

2). B. Eddins was elected and has a criminal history as long as my left arm (left is about 1 inch longer)...

3). C. Jones used a "loophole" to hide her big money donors till After it was a violation. She had big $$$ to pay violation so nothing to see here...

4). What goes around comes around so look for some excitement after November 2014.

No hard feelings, just amazement at how ignorant the voters actually are.

Schools are and will be a mess.

BCC is getting stacked to go back in time with my Delorian to the Quinn McMillan days.

Back to the Future Walton County Style.

;-)

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
The District Office doesn't seem to be making any cuts there. Why aren't they having to take some pay cuts, lay off some of the useless overpaid staff in the District Office ? It's always the schools and teachers that are forced to make the sacrifices. I know of some highly qualified teachers have left Walton County schools to go to Okaloosa and Bay County schools because they could earn a lot more money. They received credit for their years experience, education level and credentials. I'm not even sure why we even waste out time discussing this. Every election here just seems to prove how the majority of Walton County citizens are apparently ignorant and do not want anything to change. The turnout for this last election was pathetic.