• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
Hello everyone. Hi Alan, and Alan's attorney. Since Alan and his associates have been so fastidious when it comes to providing us all with documents and updates related to the Osborne V Comander 'civil rights violation' case Alan filed, I was surprised when no one posted the latest ruling associated with this case. I am SURE Alan and friends just haven't had the time to post it yet, so I figured I'd do them a solid and put it up here for them, since I was able to track down these documents doing public record searches myself. After all, the citizens of Walton County deserve to know what's going on with litigation against a representative of the county and how their tax dollars are being spent in this litigation.

Just so no one thinks I am trying to hide my identity by posting from a new account...My other moniker on here is TeaPartyingHard. I'm on a loner PC and forgot my password, and I guess I tied it to a secondary email and can't recall which one. It was easier to just make a new account real quick.

I have added a pdf attachment of the latest court document. Here are some highlights though: "Defendant Sara Comander’s Motion to Dismiss Count 14 (doc. 13) is GRANTED with prejudice. 2. Defendant Walton County, Florida's Motion for More Definite Statement (doc. 14) is GRANTED with leave to amend. Plaintiffs have fourteen (14) days to file an amended complaint, and Defendants have fourteen (14) days thereafter to respond."

And one of my favorite parts: "The Court agrees with the County that the Seventh Amended Complaint suffers from shotgun pleading deficiencies. Neither the County nor the Court should be required to sift through over 100 numbered paragraphs to determine how or whether they are related to each claim or to guess at the nature of the constitutional violation being alleged pertaining to each fact. The misnumbering and incorporating of unrelated or unspecified prior paragraphs makes it virtually impossible to craft a meaningful response, and, although Count 13 appears to be organized by alleged constitutional violations, each category within it nonetheless lumps together several claims, making it difficult to know which facts support which claims. For instance, under the heading of “First Amendment Violations,” the allegations incorporate all of the conspiracy allegations of Count 6, which is not pleaded against the County but implicates the County as a conspirator, and under the same heading, multiple facts are alleged with assertions that the County violated Plaintiffs’ speech rights, influenced whether they would testify in judicial proceedings, and attempted to prevent them from exercising their right to petition the government. Plaintiffs also mix in allegations of intimidation, retaliation, selective enforcement, and the deprivation of property rights under the heading First Amendment Violations. Under a separate heading of “Procedural Due Process Violations,” also within Count 13, Plaintiffs allege the failure to give notice of public meetings, that unwritten policies gave staff complete discretion, that the County selectively enforced certain aspects of the law, failed to supervise and train employees, and, again, that the County retaliated based on First Amendment rights. Numerous similar paragraphs are included under headings labeled “Substantive Due Process” and “Equal Protection Violations.” The Court also agrees with the County that requiring an answer to the Seventh Amended Complaint would amount to an invitation for a shotgun answer, which in turn would result in wasted resources on unfocused discovery and likely further discovery disputes in this already prolonged case. Thus, a more definite statement must be provided. Although the Court is loathe to permit more pleading at this stage, because the Seventh Amended Complaint was the first to include federal claims against the County, the Plaintiffs are entitled to an opportunity to replead and attempt to define their claims against the County in a concise and organized manner. Therefore, Plaintiffs will be required to replead and formulate the claims into separate discernible counts organized with factual allegations relevant to each particular claim asserted and set forth in a short and plain statement showing an entitlement to relief. See Fed. R. Civ. P. 8(a) & 10(b)."

14 days....tick tock tick tock.

Attachments

• comander.pdf
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,424

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
http://www.wzep1460.com/suit-against-commissioner-dismissed/ WZEP runs the story. Bam. Again, still nothing but crickets from Osborne and friends, who were more than happy to continuously leak documents from discovery on SoWal and harass our commissioner's friends and family with frivolous subpoenas, as well as constantly report to us her Publix shopping habits and make misguided comments regarding her medical care and private discussions between her and her doctors.

So my next question is, when are you going to reimburse the taxpayers of Walton county for the litigation bill you ran up with the county in regards to this unjust, unfounded, FRIVOLOUS lawsuit? The way I see it, you owe us at least several hundred thousand, if not more.

Also, while I was searching around online to find the dismissal decree, I stumbled upon some other curious documents about a 2013 indictment for 40 million dollars worth of mortgage fraud. I believe it stayed under the radar because the banks involved were in Ohio. Some certain mortgage brokers were involved in falsely inflating people's income on loan documents to deceive the banks they were doing business with. The first mention of it is here, from 2013, when the indictments went down. It came up under some search results involving the Osborne last name, and it really caught my eye when I noticed this person was linked to Santa Rosa Beach. Any relation, you reckon? I'll just leave this gold mine here for you all to plunder through at your own leisure.

https://www.fbi.gov/cleveland/press...dicted-for-roles-in-40-million-mortgage-fraud

Then the plot thickens when I start exploring federal case records. I will attach what I found as pdfs. All of this stuff is public record, you just have to know where to look to find it. There's tons more than what I am going to post here, but I can't throw it all up because some of it is many, many pages worth of content. If you are interested to know more though, feel free to PM me. From what I have gathered so far, this particular Santa Rosa Beach resident indicted on a 40 million dollar mortgage fraud scheme has not yet gone to trial, which is expected. Cases like these often are in the court system for years. It's just so interesting when curious little tales like these fall through the cracks without much news coverage at all. I never would have realized this case existed if not for stumbling upon some random little snippet of information on Google and following the trail.

Attachments

• osborne1.pdf
    314.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • osborne2.pdf
    39.8 KB · Views: 787
  • osborne3.pdf
    318.5 KB · Views: 1,143
  • osborne4.pdf
    581.2 KB · Views: 815

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
This is just my opinion but all these pdf files to attempt to defame/defile a private citizens character is BS.

While admittedly what was done to Sara Commanders reputation is/was wrong, she is a PUBLIC OFFICIAL and the lawsuit that was filed against her is recourse that every citizen in this country is afforded via the Constitution.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Public official or not, she is entitled to the same respect and rights as any other citizen. In the case of Alan Osborne he has not shown he was ever denied access to any public meeting. His suit is uncalled for IMO and he should be ashamed of himself.

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
They're all publicly available records, just like any sort of mugshot or arrest record would be easily searchable on the internet. I don't know if there is any relation or connection, I just saw a name a recognized, connected to a place I recognized, and found it intriguing. Do you think it's defamation or defiling when a meth head gets arrested for a shake and bake lab and their picture and arrest details get ran in the newspaper? This is no different. People can avoid these types of records from entering the public purview by avoiding things like getting wrapped up in a 40 million dollar mortgage fraud scheme indictment. In my opinion, a 40 million dollar mortgage scheme indictment local to our area is something one would call "news." Would you still have a problem if a journalist had posted the pdf's in connection with an in-depth news article he or she was writing about the fraud case?

I'll be happy to reiterate that the information I have posted is in connected with an INDICTMENT and not a conviction, although some other people associated/charged in connection with the same case have been convicted by a jury already. As per the usual disclaimer, people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law in this country. But I hardly see the cause for moral outrage when news agencies report on mere arrests and indictments without conviction all the time in the US. When you get arrested, unless ordered sealed by a judge, it's pretty damn near impossible to scrub all mention of the arrest until you get officially convicted. That's not the world we live in. It's not like I'm calling out a 15 year old kid for his or her shoplifting arrest...This is 40 million dollars worth of fraud we are talking about, and I don't know about you, but to me, that's a lot of money, and it would and should be newsworthy regardless of the names of people involved.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
They're all publicly available records, just like any sort of mugshot or arrest record would be easily searchable on the internet. I don't know if there is any relation or connection, I just saw a name a recognized, connected to a place I recognized, and found it intriguing. Do you think it's defamation or defiling when a meth head gets arrested for a shake and bake lab and their picture and arrest details get ran in the newspaper? This is no different. People can avoid these types of records from entering the public purview by avoiding things like getting wrapped up in a 40 million dollar mortgage fraud scheme indictment.

Being charged with a crime or being convicted of a crime are 2 entirely different things. Your analogy to meth heads sucks on many levels because the person in those pdf files hasn't been arrested or convicted and that is far different than someone involved in a CIVIL suit that has not been determined or reached conclusion in the courts.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Public official or not, she is entitled to the same respect and rights as any other citizen. In the case of Alan Osborne he has not shown he was ever denied access to any public meeting. His suit is uncalled for IMO and he should be ashamed of himself.

I absolutely agree Andy but posting images of documents who you aren't even sure is Alan Osborne is assuming something about a private citizen who as far as I can see hasn't been arrested or convicted of any crime. Yes, his lawsuit was frivolous but it was his LEGAL recourse.

The first pdf document posted isn't the issue. The subsequent pdf files are.

Last edited:

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
The documents in question AREN'T Alan Osborne, if that wasn't clear. Did you read them? My musing was "Any relation you reckon?" The name that had caught my eye was Ileana Osborne. My unsubstantiated SUSPICION is that it is his wife/ recent ex-wife, but I have not been able to officially tie that name to an address via her voting records or other publicly available information yet. Yeah, I know it's a tangent, but in my opinion, it's an interesting one. Would you know what was going on if your husband or wife were involved in a 40 million dollar mortgage fraud scheme that they were personally enriching themselves from? Would you notice lifestyle changes like a 1.8 million dollar house, or a several thousand dollar boat? It's perfectly legal to explore publicly available documents and publicly post my musings. Alan hasn't been arrested, but Ileana most certainly has. The dates I can find regarding a divorce decree indicate a divorce went down after the indictments. I'll be curious to see if the feds start sniffing around their assets if a conviction happens.

Regardless, these documents are a hell of a lot more fascinating than "Omg i saw Sara in Publix and decided to follow her around and stalk her like a weirdo, SHE DOESN'T LOOK VERY SICK TO ME!" Hell, they probably deserve their own thread in the local news section, because they are a separate issue. I just suppose this old saying materialized in my mind once I began digging, something about how people in glass houses probably shouldn't throw stones?

Last edited:

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
Being charged with a crime or being convicted of a crime are 2 entirely different things. Your analogy to meth heads sucks on many levels because the person in those pdf files hasn't been arrested or convicted and that is far different than someone involved in a CIVIL suit that has not been determined or reached conclusion in the courts.

The person in those pdf's HAS been arrested. They have not been convicted. They are currently on 20k bail and they had to give up their passport until trial. I understand where you're coming from, Misty, but you should take the time to read the data before spouting off, because some of what you are saying simply is not true. 20K bail and giving up your passport does sound like a pretty sweet deal for a 40 million dollar fraud scheme though....what's it take to get a passport on the black market, 10 grand? Some people in that position would be on a plane to Belize by now. =)

My analogy to meth heads still stands. When you get arrested for meth, your photo and charges get listed in the paper and on numerous online, publicly available resources, even before you actually get convicted of anything.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Do you think it's defamation or defiling when a meth head gets arrested for a shake and bake lab and their picture and arrest details get ran in the newspaper?

I think if someone is arrested and charged for ILLEGALLY operating a shake and bake lab gave up his right to privacy by committing a crime. The same could be said for someone who is arrested and charged with ILLEGALLY DUI. The law was broken hence the arrest and charge.

People can avoid these types of records from entering the public purview by avoiding things like getting wrapped up in a 40 million dollar mortgage fraud scheme indictment.
People can avoid getting a speeding ticket too by OBEYING the law. They can avoid being arrested for owning a shake and bake meth lab by OBEYING the law and not being associated with illegal drugs.
In my opinion, a 40 million dollar mortgage scheme indictment local to our area is something one would call "news.
Well, thank goodness you are not a journalist because you have already lost your objectivity by associating the woman in those PDF files with a man who may have absolutely nothing to do with them. I would also hope to high hell that if someone in this area were accused or indicted of this type of crime it would be a PUBLIC official. Yes, that's newsworthy!
Would you still have a problem if a journalist had posted the pdf's in connection with an in-depth news article he or she was writing about the fraud case?
I think you would be hard pressed to find a journalist with any kind of journalistic integrity who would touch this type of smear campaign against a private citizen whom they didn't know for a fact was even related to the person I believe it appears you are trying to implicate with those documents.

Last edited: