• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Hey...I get the impression you don't much care for my father, but there's really no need to bring him into this. I am my own woman. If you want to call me a sarcastic ahole, just go ahead and call me a sarcastic ahole, don't do it by proxy by telling me I'm just like my daddy. Local politics and crime interest me intensely. I also have an internet connection, and I LOVE to read.

Nah, he ruined any credibility he had in my opinion when he pulled stunts much like the one you just pulled, hence the comment "you are your fathers daughter".

And its probably why he CAN'T get elected!

Last edited:

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
Who cares about garbage you can dig up on someone's private life and how does that garbage belong here?

Ex-wife? Hmmm, perhaps she is the EX for a reason, maybe even 40 million of them?? I have no doubt you probably had the divorce decree but that doesn't belong here either. If you wanna run a smear campaign why not create your own personal blog where you can smear the private lives of individuals in any way that you choose...be careful how you tread...it could get you sued.

Maybe! Maybe he got the hell out of dodge because of those 40 million reasons, but that is just as much a speculation as anything else. You and I seem to have drastically different opinions of what qualifies as a "smear campaign." I think a smear campaign is when someone spies on someone or records them without permission to capture private moments and release them to the public in an attempt to defame them, or when someone makes up blatant lies and untruths about someone with absolutely no basis in fact and then posts them everywhere in the hopes it will damage the person's reputation. I'm not bringing up anything that wasn't already out there and available to the public with a super quick and easy internet search. If your definition of a smear campaign actually qualified as a smear campaign, then anyone who ever got arrested for anything ever could sue any of the newspapers or independent journalists and bloggers for daring to mention their arrest in a public forum.

Did FBI.gov "smear" all of those people named in the indictment when they made a press release announcing their arrests?

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
Nah, he ruined any credibility he had in my opinion when he pulled stunts much like the one you just pulled, hence the comment "you are your fathers daughter".

And its probably why he CAN'T get elected!

Oh, you mean the "stunt" of reading publicly available documents and information and shining a light on what was already there, that others never pursued or investigated? Sort of like that time when one of our local politicians was running political ads advertising this Masters degree that they suddenly had that they didn't have a few years ago, and he was the only one curious enough to research and call up the college she claimed she got it from, and was surprised to learn that it was a "Pay several hundred dollars and get your diploma in the mail in a few weeks" style diploma mill, and then was even more surprised to learn that he was the only one who noticed? I rather enjoy my father's "stunts" sometimes.

Boy, I don't know who you are, or what he did to get you all riled up, but it's definitely piqued my curiosity. But don't worry, I'm not curious enough to start trying to Google you. =)

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Maybe! Maybe he got the hell out of dodge because of those 40 million reasons, but that is just as much a speculation as anything else.

It was not speculation. It was a question. You seem to know so much about his personal life, who he was married to etc. that I'm equally sure you have other little "hidden" jewels you are waiting to drop like bombs on others.

Alan Osborne has not posted here in a long long time. He has been ridiculed and ostracized by his community for his own actions as it related to Walton County not the actions of of his ex wife.

I think if this was anything but a smear campaign and you really believed this was newsworthy you would have contacted the press to get them to run with your bomb, rather than posting it here under a pseudonym and would have allowed the press to quote the source of the information if they decided it was in fact newsworthy.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Boy, I don't know who you are, or what he did to get you all riled up, but it's definitely piqued my curiosity. But don't worry, I'm not curious enough to start trying to Google you. =)

Don't give yourself so much credit. I'm not "riled". I just think digging in peoples personal lives and posting information they dig up is trashy whether it is you, your father or peterpan doing it.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Redacted Comment!

Last edited:

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
It was not speculation. It was a question. You seem to know so much about his personal life, who he was married to etc. that I'm equally sure you have other little "hidden" jewels you are waiting to drop like bombs on others.

Alan Osborne has not posted here in a long long time. He has been ridiculed and ostracized by his community for his own actions as it related to Walton County not the actions of of his ex wife.

I think if this was anything but a smear campaign and you really believed this was newsworthy you would have contacted the press to get them to run with your bomb, rather than posting it here under a pseudonym and would have allowed the press to quote the source of the information if they decided it was in fact newsworthy.

I have no more "hidden" gems to drop. I'm just a girl who knows how to Google. The source of the information is the PACER database which any journalist or private citizen for that matter can easily access. I'd consider a press release that came from the FBI.gov website to be newsworthy, but that's just me. The journalist doesn't have to quote me as the source of the information...the source is the federal government and the documents posted on the PACER document database. And clearly I am not hiding behind some 'pseudonym,' because you were quick to point out that you know who I am and you know who my father is. Just because something isn't picked up by all the local media when it happens doesn't mean it's not newsworthy. If federal court is involved, chances are, something interesting is going on.

I mean, just as an example, there's this whole missing money issue that's come up at a commission meeting in regards to a clerical error resulting in some "missing zeroes" on a bill. From what I understand, that happened many years ago, but it's only being reported on now. So was it not newsworthy then? When does it become 'newsworthy?' I guess that's up to the people who make the news.

Anyway, we could go in circles and wax philosophical for hours, but what's the point? Let it be known that I would never in a million years post something that wasn't publicly available to begin with, and I'd never invade someone's privacy by following them in my car or following them around the grocery store, etc. I don't even do things like scour people's social media accounts. My interest starts and ends with court documents, mug shots, arrest records, voter registration databases, property tax records, Sunbiz records, that sort of thing. Your disagreement with my hobby is duly noted, and with that, I wish you a wonderful evening and bid you ado, so I can shift my focus back to this old Zelda game I'm playing through again.

Tetrahedron

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2015
Something else for you to think about...SoWalers who wanted that flag gone, have already attacked you for what they perceive as your lack of education and your inability to effectively communicate at that meeting.

What you just did doesn't help the cause for those who wanted that flag to remain. Had you left it at the first document your integrity might have remained intact IMHO.

Wait what....? Maybe you in fact DON'T know who I am. I did not attend the Confederate flag meeting, I was at work. I listened to the stream live as it was going. I am the girl with purple hair...I think I'm the only girl with purple hair who ever shows up at county commissioner meetings, so you'd probably recognize me by that. You appear to have me confused with someone else. I've never stood up to make public comments at a meeting before, I just like to lurk in the back and listen when I attend.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Just because a legal document is publicly available and is full of someones dirty laundry doesn't mean you have the right to air the laundry, especially as it relates to dirty divorces and the private lives of citizens.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Wait what....? Maybe you in fact DON'T know who I am. I did not attend the Confederate flag meeting, I was at work. I listened to the stream live as it was going. I am the girl with purple hair...I think I'm the only girl with purple hair who ever shows up at county commissioner meetings, so you'd probably recognize me by that. You appear to have me confused with someone else. I've never stood up to make public comments at a meeting before, I just like to lurk in the back and listen when I attend.

I have redacted that comment but I assuredly know who you and your father are. I apologize.