• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Teresa, this has to do with the rights of the vast majority and allowing the school administration to handle the very small minority of issues in a tactful and private way. Think of the consequences of what you are proposing. Say a 15 year old girl decides she is a boy today and enters the boys locker room. First, no teacher is going to be in those locker rooms anymore because of the liability issues. So that child is going to be in a room with a bunch of 15 year old boys. Bullying and sexual harassment would probably be the mildest thing that would occur. This disaster is contrasted with what would happen now. That child would be allowed to use a private bathroom and other students would not have much if any knowledge or interaction.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Teresa, this has to do with the rights of the vast majority and allowing the school administration to handle the very small minority of issues in a tactful and private way. Think of the consequences of what you are proposing. Say a 15 year old girl decides she is a boy today and enters the boys locker room. First, no teacher is going to be in those locker rooms anymore because of the liability issues. So that child is going to be in a room with a bunch of 15 year old boys. Bullying and sexual harassment would probably be the mildest thing that would occur. This disaster is contrasted with what would happen now. That child would be allowed to use a private bathroom and other students would not have much if any knowledge or interaction.
I am not proposing anything. None of these situations have happened or will happen. Suddenly, due to new bathroom laws we have to fabricate these situations? Leave schools and children alone.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The image that accompanied WZEP's news blurb is offensive and does not shed WZEP in a very positive light either.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Teresa, this issue was started by radical LGBT activists. But once again you try to justify your position by claiming the Tea Party or such is responsible. If you try and do things that in the opinion of many parents and school officials will be harmful to students and disruptive to the school environment just so some activist will feel good do not be surprised when those people push back. Many of the people I have talked with who are most outraged are liberals who have children and do not want this to happen in the schools their children attend.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I am not proposing anything. None of these situations have happened or will happen. Suddenly, due to new bathroom laws we have to fabricate these situations? Leave schools and children alone.

Please contact President Obama care of the White House, Washington DC and express your sediments to him. I agree, leave things as they have been and leave our schools and children alone. Glad we see eye to eye on this situation.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
The image that accompanied WZEP's news blurb is offensive and does not shed WZEP in a very positive light either.

So dumb. Transgender people deserve much better than this Dbag. You would never know the person's birth gender in real life or if suspected then who cares. I'm not in danger.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
You had a friend who at 8 years of age knew she was a lesbian. Ok. And? Did she pee in the boys room standing up? Or did she pee in the ladies room? My guess is she peed in the bathroom of the sexual identity she was given at birth! What's the problem? Not one in my opinion. If you're anatomically female your a$$ belongs in the ladies room and vice versa...especially if you're talking about CHILDREN!

I'm not a Republican but I do tend to agree with you about the well publicized indiscretions of congressmen in bathrooms and/or caught with their proverbial pants down.
I am shaking my head and saying to myself WTF? I never said she identified as transgender. The purpose of the example was to refute your claim that young children have no real ideal as to their sexual identity and that sexual identity is more than a penis or vagina. You know what? Forget it. Cling to your beliefs, it's your right.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I
Teresa, this issue was started by radical LGBT activists. But once again you try to justify your position by claiming the Tea Party or such is responsible. If you try and do things that in the opinion of many parents and school officials will be harmful to students and disruptive to the school environment just so some activist will feel good do not be surprised when those people push back. Many of the people I have talked with who are most outraged are liberals who have children and do not want this to happen in the schools their children attend.
I really don't like the fear behind the bathroom laws. I don't think it's warranted or fair to innocent people. or needed.

Thanks for the thought process. It is enlightening somehow. I haven't heard it quite described this way. Always interesting and thanks for your honest opinions.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
WHAT is it about bathrooms? I'll never understand it. Whatever happened to conservative tea party small government, deregulation and staying out of people's lives? What's the fascination with the bathroom for anyone? I've seriously never heard of bathroom issues in need of laws except maybe some child molesters or men meeting men in bathrooms. And these laws already exist.

Using that logic Teresa...don't parents have the right to keep little boys out of the lives of their young daughters when they use the rest room? There have seriously not been bathroom issues for our kids because historically children in school have been protected by administration and are told to use the bathrooms of the sexual identity they were born with.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Once again poppaj you are talking apples and oranges. This has ZERO to do with gays and lesbians and where they use the bathroom. To be blunt, this is about people with penises using the men's room and people with vaginas using the ladies room and preventing people from using whichever one they choose based on how the "feel" that day. Especially in a school setting. If you would use some of the intelligence you claim you could figure out how allowing such would disrupt the learning process and place students and staff in uncomfortable positions.
Two points Danny. One, Sexual identity is more complicated than sex organs at birth. Two, I have never and I repeat never claimed intelligence. Who would believe me if I did?