• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Look out Defuniak!

Let's not get too excited. Like I said it just seems like its going to be "a little" windy and rainy, not even a tropical depression.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You know I'm kidding. We appreciate the insider information, and know the forecast prediction isn't coming from Mother Nature herself.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
We appreciate the insider information
I would be curious exactly what "insider" information is as it pertains to weather. :dunno:

I am aware of paid weather service forecasting, which is only available to those who pay, and some experimental stuff. But beyond that, what would be the point of keeping weather info secret?? There is a ton of stuff available on the internet from govt agencies, universities, etc. Check out the links that show up on the Weather Underground tropical blog. If you know where to look, there is almost too much info to sift through. Isn't that what the paid forecasters get paid to do, sift through the available data? :dunno:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I would be curious exactly what "insider" information is as it pertains to weather. :dunno:

I am aware of paid weather service forecasting, which is only available to those who pay, and some experimental stuff. But beyond that, what would be the point of keeping weather info secret?? There is a ton of stuff available on the internet from govt agencies, universities, etc. Check out the links that show up on the Weather Underground tropical blog. If you know where to look, there is almost too much info to sift through. Isn't that what the paid forecasters get paid to do, sift through the available data? :dunno:

It's a paid service.

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
Insider or outsiders, here is information that is rather timeless and helpful...
Residents in north-central and northeast Florida should closely follow the movement of Fay and monitor their local media outlets for the most current information and guidance
from officials in their area.
  • A NOAA Weather Alert radio can be a lifesaver especially during the overnight periods.
  • Stay safe by staying indoors. Wait until officials give the "all-clear" before venturing outside or returning to your home. Watch for fallen power lines around standing water.
  • Flooding conditions persist across the state. If you approach a flooded roadway while driving, remember turnaround, don?t drown. It only takes a few feet of water to knock most cars off the road.
  • Beachgoers, swimmers and surfers, (and kite surfers... ) should heed red flag warnings and stay out of the water as deadly rip currents, rough surf conditions continue along the Atlantic coast
  • Mariners should heed small-craft warnings and remain in port.
  • Carbon monoxide is deadly. Residents should use caution when operating portable generators during a storm. Generators should be used outdoors. (1 Storm-related fatality reported in Highlands County due to improper use of portable generators)
  • Because of the uncertainty of the forecast and flooding potential, all Floridians in the watch and warning areas, North Florida, and Big Bend regions should be prepared to take action as directed by authorities.
  • Plan to be a survivor by taking common sense measures to protect your family and property as Fay treks across Florida.
  • As our state responds to Tropical Storm Fay, we commend our residents and visitors for their vigilance and thank all local responders and emergency officials for their commitment to public service.
  • The Governor has declared a State of Emergency and has issued an Executive Order as of Saturday afternoon. The State Emergency Operations Center remains at a Level 1 activation which is a full activation to support county operations in advanceof Tropical Storm Fay.
  • The Florida Emergency Information Line has been activated. Residents can call 1-800-342-3557 from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. for more information on Tropical Storm Fay.
  • If your family does not have a plan, go to www.floridadisaster.org today andcreate a family disaster plan. All residents are urged to Get A Plan!