• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
Jdarg, swimsuits are a must for mucho rain, as are warm towels. Please remember that if you go out during or AFTER the storm, take close inspection of your surroundings. Most people get injured after the storms, because they don't take notice of potential safety hazards, such as downed power lines, dangling limbs, those hard green pine cones, etc. Always take FULL notice of your surroundings before venturing out. Bike helmets, for venturing into a yard with those big green pinecones, are a must!

Jdarg all this sounds like alot of trouble and that helmet won't do anything for your reputation, not to mention style. Pack up and come home, bring everyone with you I have room.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
BeachSi02, any more southern projection path from your guys, yet? I see NOAA has brought their projection path more to the south, right over SoWal. If that storm gets over water in the big bend, the entire Panhandle could be in for a real doozie.

As of early this morning, it was Sowal too but no offshore strengthening. It had 20-25mph sustained winds starting Sat afternoon/evening. A new update will be up in a few hours. I'll make sure and post.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I have to go BACK to Publix because the kids went through all of the milk and bread that I bought for the original storm track!!!!

I do have out all of my gear from Alaska....Xtra Tuff Boots (the kind seen on deadliest catch). Awesome impermeable raincoat from the Elfin Cove Lodge, waterproof Alaska Pale Ale ball cap.... I think I need a case of Alaska Pale Ale and I'll be set.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
My Alaska Ale hat isn't waterproof, but should help protect my noggin in case my squirrels rebel like Sj's and start flinging the nuts! :rofl:

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
Florida squirrels sound scary. Our squirrels are non-commando up here. It seems like you all have Al Qaida squirrels.

I don't trust any of them, calm or aggressive, as they are a rat with a fluffy tail.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Just heard it was going to be directed straight to Destin:dunno:

OH SAY ITS NOT SO:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Arrrgggggggggg:angry:

Don't worry baby. It's a tropical storm, not a hurricane. We'll have a bit of rain and light winds but I haven't seen any predictions that it was gonna even become a Cat 1. We might have fewer beach days for visitors. On the east end our elevations are so high, I'd be surprised if we had any significant flooding. I'm thankful that it's not a bad one :D

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Also, a lot of the area is relatively sandy and drains pretty well in most places outside the usual suspects. (*cough* Driftwood *cough*) When we got 30 inches of rain in 48 hours a couple years back from a springtime stalled front, there really wasn't much in terms of long term damage or lasting effects.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The SoWallers with fancy cameras need to record the "day before the storm"- it is absolutely beautiful at the beach today. Crystal clear, flat water, beautiful blues and greens, and perfect and refreshing swimming. I have to say the Gulf today is prettier than it has been all season!

Ahhh- what an awesome way to start a day.:love:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
What are your plans for this upcoming rainy weekend???? Especially with energetic kids! and 6 dogs......................I need ideas!!!