• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tuberculosis Case (TB)

New posts
i have to get tested every year for work too, but who knows what happens in between testing. one cough is all it would take :yikes: i run from people who are coughing, or else i ask them to cover their mouths...
 
i have to get tested every year for work too, but who knows what happens in between testing. one cough is all it would take :yikes: i run from people who are coughing, or else i ask them to cover their mouths...
I figured you must get tested yearly. I'm the same way about the coughing. But it's really unavoidable. Seriously. Your best defense IS to get annual tests - - and yes, all 3 of us do.

But I am wondering if this unfortunate young man had NOT been told the severity of this strain. They didn't have the results of this strain until AFTER he left. And you know "those that are responsible" are feeling the heat right now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I figured you must get tested yearly. I'm the same way about the coughing. But it's really unavoidable. Seriously. Your best defense IS to get annual tests - - and yes, all 3 of us do.

actually, there is no defense anymore, that's what's so scary to me....
 
Just plain selfish and self-centered. Who knows how much the girlfriend was whining! Dumb choice on his part.
I believe the girlfriend is now the wife.

I bet his father-in-law is ready to shoot the boy. That doctor has worked to fight the spread of TB for many years, and now his new SIL goes and does this after being ordered to get treated in Italy, and to not fly anywhere. The guy immediately boards a plane to Canada, and sneaks back into the US.

My question is why did the guy get tested for TB if he didn't have any symptoms? He was reported as not having symptoms.
 
I figured you must get tested yearly. I'm the same way about the coughing. But it's really unavoidable. Seriously. Your best defense IS to get annual tests - - and yes, all 3 of us do.
Okay, everyone who has been tested for TB in the last 20 years, raise your hand. I think I was tested back around 1980 when TB picked up steam again in the US.
 
Last edited:
I believe the girlfriend is now the wife.

I bet his father-in-law is ready to shoot the boy. That doctor has worked to fight the spread of TB for many years, and now his new SIL goes and does this after being ordered to get treated in Italy, and to not fly anywhere. The guy immediately boards a plane to Canada, and sneaks back into the US.

My question is why did the guy get tested for TB if he didn't have any symptoms? He was reported as not having symptoms.


Wonderful way to start a relationship with the in-laws.:biggrin:
 
Okay, everyone who has been tested for TB in the last 20 years, raise your hand. I think I was tested back around 1980 when TB picked up steam again in the US.
Well, maybe you should consider getting tested again. We don't take this particular disease lightly in our household.

And the old myth that its the homeless or less fortunate that are the carriers is just that, an old myth. (disclaimer: not that you were implying this SJ.)
 
My question is why did the guy get tested for TB if he didn't have any symptoms? He was reported as not having symptoms.

It's almost symptomless until its too late. When you start coughing up blood, then it's sorta too late to stop by the dr. for that cheap TB test you were meaning to do 25 years ago. ;-)
 
Okay, everyone who has been tested for TB in the last 20 years, raise your hand. I think I was tested back around 1980 when TB picked up steam again in the US.

1996 was the last time, A co-worker was diagnosed. FBB and I got married in Asheville in 1980. NC requires a TB test in order to obtain a marriage license. Georgia does not. So that accounts for my TB testing.
 
Okay, everyone who has been tested for TB in the last 20 years, raise your hand. I think I was tested back around 1980 when TB picked up steam again in the US.

Every year for me. They sorta make you when you work in healthcare.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top