• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
SWGB, I am all for the use of public records, to their fullest extent, but Yippie is a private citizen and you went over the line IMO in posting such personal detail. You could have just asked the pointed and relevant questions -- which are good ones -- and let her answer them first before posting direct links, calling her by name and making assumptions about what has happened.

Agreed. We've had these conversations on this board before. Like it or not, someone's anonymity is their's alone and one should only out oneself.

toofargone

Beach Lover
May 9, 2005
Yes, there is a lien on that piece of property for the association dues. I guess if I had not taken a second mortgage on my home in an attempt to repair it, then having to move and pay for a rental house, utilities on two properties, etc, those association dues would have been paid.

Different piece of property. There is no mortgage on that piece of property and had you read the document properly. you would have noticed it was deeded TO me, not from me.

I am not slandering the builder. Just simply quoting the facts.

This was quoted on an earlier thread, if only they had dealth with the mistakes properly.... by fixing their defect.

Now, there is no reason for me to justify any other property I own and lashing out like you are doing give me reason to be very suspicious of you. However, had I not taken out a second mortgage on my house, then had to move into a rental house when the repairs did not work, basically paying 3 mortgages and have other obligations, then I guess that lien wouldn't be on that Hammock Bay Property, now would it?

SWGB= Owned plus 1 ha ha

destinscuba

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
on Eastern Lake
So you're the builder Destinscuba? Why not call Mr. Brown and give him your side of the story?

no, not the builder

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
In swgb's defense- this is a bit more serious of a topic than usual. The OP'r(someone I do not know) is impugning the work/character of a builder (someone I do not know). As the character of one (the builder) is questioned isn't it fair to scrutinize the character the person making the accusations (Yippie)? Yippie is the one who wanted this debated in a public forum and having someone step up as the other party's advocate is only fair. I have great sympathy for Yippie, not because I necessarily believe her story, but because she appears to be legitimately suffering. Don't post it on a public forum if you don't want it looked up and possibly posted back with greater detail. I comb Shelly's posts looking for slip-ups, trying to make a composite :rotfl:. I don't find anything helpful.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
I don't believe I have posted anything on the builders personal life. However, if I had the time, I could very well do that. But, I don't think this is the place for a personal attack.

This debate is about a contractor who made a mistake, if it was them, or their subs that were responsible, it has caused major problems. THE ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY FALLS ON THE GENERAL CONTRACTOR WHO BUILT THE HOUSE to make sure it is built properly and mine was not. And they did not step up to the plate and fix the problem. No moisture barrier on a house in this area causes great problems and is a major code violation.

You want to talk about the character of people?

I am personally paying for my attorney, I have personally paid for the enviromental testing (even when his insurance company requested it), I have personally paid for the repairs, I have personally paid for the rental house I am now living in (and utilities).. AND I AM STILL PAYING TWO MORTGAGES, UTILITIES, ON A HOUSE THAT I CANNOT LIVE IN AND HAVE BUSTED MY ARSE TRYING TO FIND ANYONE TO INSURE A DAMAGED HOUSE.

I have financed every bit of this on my own.

Last edited:

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
I don't believe I have posted anything on the builders personal life. However, if I had the time, I could very well do that. But, I don't think this is the place for a personal attack.

This debate is about a contractor who made a mistake, if it was them, or their subs that were responsible, it has caused major problems. THE ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY FALLS ON THE GENERAL CONTRACTOR WHO BUILT THE HOUSE to make sure it is built properly and mine was not. And they did not step up to the plate and fix the problem. No moisture barrier on a house in this area causes great problems and is a major code violation.

You want to talk about the character of people?

I am personally paying for my attorney, I have personally paid for the enviromental testing (even when his insurance company requested it), I have personally paid for the repairs, I have personally paid for the rental house I am now living in (and utilities).. AND I AM STILL PAYING TWO MORTGAGES, UTILITIES, ON A HOUSE THAT I CANNOT LIVE IN AND HAVE BUSTED MY ARSE TRYING TO FIND ANYONE TO INSURE A DAMAGED HOUSE.

I have financed every bit of this on my own.

Yuppie, have you checked myflorida.com to see if your builder has any compliants against his license past or present? I am just wondering how long your builder has been building homes on the coast.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I comb Shelly's posts looking for slip-ups, trying to make a composite :rotfl:. I don't find anything helpful.

:shock:...another stalker? And to think I just got finished getting an RO on BobbyJ :roll:

Amuse me...what composite have you come up with so far?

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
:shock:...another stalker? And to think I just got finished getting an RO on BobbyJ :roll:

Amuse me...what composite have you come up with so far?

More of a hobby than a stalking :wave:. I would have to go dig up my copious pile of notes but so far: Caucasian male 22-65, probably Earthian (or else you would have better technology than Tin Foil Hats). How is that? You don't give a hobbyist much to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.