• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I am surprised that a fellow outdoorsman would not see the importance of connecting under privileged people with the gulf through the decent sport of offshore fishing on an easily accessible fishing pier. As someone mentioned maybe I am just stupid.

Magee

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2011
Miramar Beach Florida
Miramar Beach has the inner structure for a peer, parking and the ability to expand parking. All of South Walton is not just 30A. The election roles will show that the majority of year-round voters live on the west end of South Walton.

As far as swimming around fishing hooks people need to open your eyes and see how many people surf fishing in areas are where there are swimmers. By having a fishing pier people will further out be swimmers normally are not. Furthermore, many pairs do have a minor charge to use the facility to keep as some of the call called riffraff off the property.

Greaton Beach would also be another excellent opportunity since they already have a facility where you can launch your boat into the Gulf of Mexico.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
You just gots to clean up that spelling, dude. Drunk text much?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Miramar Beach has the inner structure for a peer, parking and the ability to expand parking. All of South Walton is not just 30A. The election roles will show that the majority of year-round voters live on the west end of South Walton.

As far as swimming around fishing hooks people need to open your eyes and see how many people surf fishing in areas are where there are swimmers. By having a fishing pier people will further out be swimmers normally are not. Furthermore, many pairs do have a minor charge to use the facility to keep as some of the call called riffraff off the property.

Greaton Beach would also be another excellent opportunity since they already have a facility where you can launch your boat into the Gulf of Mexico.
Mr Magee,
Where is the parking?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I agree about living in an area where government for the wealthy is alive and well :) Got to move down here where all the smart people live! Just kidding about Tally which is a pretty nice place actually but I love it back this way a lot more. Want to retire over here so I can be as smart ___ as you :)

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I agree about living in an area where government for the wealthy is alive and well :) Got to move down here where all the smart people live! Just kidding about Tally which is a pretty nice place actually but I love it back this way a lot more. Want to retire over here so I can be as smart ___ as you :)
Be careful what you wish for. Once you get here some of the current residents will enlist your help in pulling up the drawbridge.

Magee

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2011
Miramar Beach Florida
Mr Magee,
Where is the parking?
There is ample parking in Miramar Beach were Poppa Joe’s restaurant. There is also additional parking across the street provided by the county. That property could be increased to a 2 or 3 story parking garage. Specialized parking for the pier creating a tram to carry equipment to the pier.

As you travel throughout Florida and you visit whether it be beaches or other resort areas the city and Counties have established parking fees. This is to encourage people to use the trolleys in the area to decrease the concentration of trap.

Furthermore, north of the area I’m talking about there is some vacant land that could be purchased also for high-rise parking garage would not interfere with any of the infrastructure currently in place.

When there is a will there is a way with proper planning.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Poppaj, I appreciate your feedback on this subject. I may not always agree with you but I respect you. Do you know the area that Mr. Magee is talking about? I was thinking that Topsail would offer an already existing infrastructure and it is less congested. I believe that a fishing pier could be built that would not be an eyesore. What are your thoughts?

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Between the government fools and the FSU doofuses it's a wonder you can cross the street.