• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

campanella

Beach Comber
There was no negativity from the Jones campaign. Look at the newspaper ads, television ads, mailers, forums, etc. It was all about her platform of reducing the tax burden, creating new jobs, and improving basic services. There wasn't even anything from her campaign that contrasted the candidates' views or could have been perceived as negative.

She also knocked on 2,000+ doors and people genuinely like her. I think that's what has made her victory so difficult for the people on this forum who don't like our new commissioner-elect (and who use every discussion to bring her name up): the fact that a ton of people like and respect her a great deal and voted her into office.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
To the thread topic, I believe all of the salaries and retirement are statutory, but healthcare is secondary.

For those that are new to Walton county, healthcare is the crown jewel that should only be enjoyed by a select few, but paid for by the masses. Oddly it's very much like the ACA, but white good old boys benefit so it's a good thing.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The ad implied she owed money to the county, which she did not owe. It was designed to mislead voters into believing she was delinquent. Other ads against her, run by the same folks, insinuated that she would not be able to govern without her husband's help, or that she was a puppet, etc. It was offensive.

But in the end, voters sent a message that that type of politics went too far. She won by 1,100 or 1,200 votes. It was a very convincing victory for Commissioner-Elect Jones. But the election is over. She won it, fair and square, and did it without saying a single negative thing about anyone.

You have not lived in this county long enough! Stick around, her true colors will come to the light and her husband will make sure of it. He may even ask you to take your blinders off so you can see him when he sucker punches you.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
No, from what I have seen she does not hold back and speaks her mind in public. I live in Miramar Beach year round. I like her for her cute ass and guts for saying what she thinks. I just want to see the pictures she has. Has anyone seem them besides the BCC . I hear more adds are coming , can not wait.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
No, from what I have seen she does not hold back and speaks her mind in public. I live in Miramar Beach year round. I like her for her cute ass and guts for saying what she thinks. I just want to see the pictures she has. Has anyone seem them besides the BCC . I hear more adds are coming , can not wait.

Are you referring to the ones from the National Championship game? Those are old news and hardly incriminating.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
No the ones I heard of we're from a private detective she hired. Does anyone know who is the young guy Cecelia has driving her around. I am hearing a lot of things about him? Can someone tell me the skinny on him.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
No the ones I heard of we're from a private detective she hired. Does anyone know who is the young guy Cecelia has driving her around. I am hearing a lot of things about him? Can someone tell me the skinny on him.

She's just getting her cougar on.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
The ad implied she owed money to the county, which she did not owe. It was designed to mislead voters into believing she was delinquent. Other ads against her, run by the same folks, insinuated that she would not be able to govern without her husband's help, or that she was a puppet, etc. It was offensive.

But in the end, voters sent a message that that type of politics went too far. She won by 1,100 or 1,200 votes. It was a very convincing victory for Commissioner-Elect Jones. But the election is over. She won it, fair and square, and did it without saying a single negative thing about anyone.

Yes, she did win, kudos to her and her staff.

She did continue to take County Insurance for several months to support Jerry. One or two other BCC Members would have done the samething, but when they were made aware they did the right thing and did not continue to take. Jones elected to take and that is offensive. She needs to address this to the public to save face. There should be a paper trail of this with the BCC. It's not made up, its factually based.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
The guy during her around during the champaign, who knows who is is? Andrew do you know, you seem to know a lot about her? She does need to address the issue but I think she is too busy right now going after Edgewater and Suzanne Harris.