• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
You can't comprehend it yourself? You need help?
Simmer down. This is typically a civil forum. However in the last few weeks you have hijacked it with your rants and attacks on Teresa and others. You've also posted some informative stuff. Keep doing that and please be polite or leave.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Simmer down. This is typically a civil forum. However in the last few weeks you have hijacked it with your rants and attacks on Teresa and others. You've also posted some informative stuff. Keep doing that and please be polite or leave.
My comments to Teresa were not an attack. It really was what I expected her to say.You are also welcome to ignore anything you don't want to read. The fact she edited her post after she initially wrote it is of no consequence but it sure does change the nature of how she said it!

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
This forum is not for bashing people or organizations. It has always been a force for good. If you need to be negative all the time go to Facebook. Leave moderators alone.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
My comments to Teresa were not an attack. It really was what I expected her to say.You are also welcome to ignore anything you don't want to read. The fact she edited her post after she initially wrote it is of no consequence but it sure does change the nature of how she said it!
Misty, any edits were additions not changes to my message. If you want to go after the sheriff while in the same breath praising him, then so be it. I do not have an issue with your opinion or anyone else's. It's called a discussion. With common courtesy, I would hope.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008

Be nice or leave!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
This forum is not for bashing people or organizations. It has always been a force for good. If you need to be negative all the time go to Facebook. Leave moderators alone.

I have read the TOS for this board Truman and nowhere does it state that I can't have an opinion that differs from the masses or that I have to agree with everything our Govt. does or agree with everything the Sheriff does. I realize that some people view anything negative that's said about certain officials as bashing (your term) so, if I'm guilty of bashing the Sheriff there are a whole lot of others here who bash County Govt. on a daily basis that are just as guilty. It's also not against the TOS to disagree with a moderator.

I wasn't bashing a Moderator. I absolutely knew when I posted about the Sheriff that Teresa would weigh in with her praises of just about anything he does and wasn't surprised by her response EXCEPT that she edited it after she made her initial comments (added something different than what she said originally) that completely changed the nature of how I interpreted it and how I responded.

I am not ashamed of having opinions that some don't agree with. That is what makes discussions on forums like these interesting and if we all agreed that life was a bowl of cherries it wouldn't be nearly as interesting and folks would probably just stop posting anything at all.

You have no right to ask anyone to leave and neither does Dawn.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
That's not correct. I did not change my response. I added to it immediately after posting it. That has nothing to do with anything. This is a ridiculous thread. Your opinions are yours. No one has issue with them. Everyone has them. Some exhibit an ability to state them without insulting others. Some, not so much. What does your expectation of my opinion, which you keep stating, have to do with the subject of this discussion? Never mind. I really don't need to know.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Misty, any edits were additions not changes to my message. If you want to go after the sheriff while in the same breath praising him, then so be it. I do not have an issue with your opinion or anyone else's. It's called a discussion. With common courtesy, I would hope.

Teresa, have I not always said I think the Sheriff is doing a good job? Indeed I have but I don't agree with many of the ways in which he spends taxpayer money. I wasn't being disrespectful with the comment I directed at you, I was being honest. I absolutely knew you would weigh in with praises because that is just what you always do. As I said to Truman I don't have to like the way the Sheriff spends tax dollars and I have as much right to disagree as many do to sing him praises.

You did completely change one sentence in your original post that completely changed my perception of what you said originally.