• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
What's past is past, let's please keep this thread about moving forward. There are lots of beefs and axes to grind, but we need positive momentum. Negative is unproductive. We have an opportunity to make changes and a difference, and we need positive community support energy.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Mr. Davis has dedicated most of his career to the children of this county on top of having a demanding legal career. I haven't agreed with him on other "hotbed" political issues in the past but I've never questioned his dedication when it came to the education of kids in this county or what is in their best interest.

Mark seems to be his own man who answers to his own conscience, not political allies.

Moving forward, I still think he is an awesome choice. Premature maybe...but something positive to think about for sure.

Last edited:

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I'm confused about how you go about forgetting the past when teachers and students have been wronged. And how do you conduct a "positive" protest as in packing the room with student protesters.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I'm confused about how you go about forgetting the past when teachers and students have been wronged. And how do you conduct a "positive" protest as in packing the room with student protesters.

Not being a shred serious about the kids...just my way of showing I support needed changes. Carry on.
:thanks:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I think dumbing-down the children in this county for so long has what got us to where we are today.

If we don't listen to the children today, just remember they grow up and vote tomorrow.

The majority of my childs graduating class still live and work in this community and are old enough to vote.

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach

It's not about forgetting what happened but about learning from it and moving forward. Complaining and finger pointing about all the bad/wrong that has happened in the past isn't a way to move forward.

We need to remember it but continue to make the changes to improve the school system and have productive conversations about what we all want and expect

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
What happens if the queen refuses to allow an audience with the WCTA?
It's not up to her. The board votes. The WCTA asked for the 3 requests to be put on the agenda. We are waiting to find out the meeting date. Also these requests have nothing to do with anybody personally, but an attempt to hopefully get the ball rolling for the community to take more of an interest in the Walton County educational process. Let's please keep looking at the big picture.

Last edited:

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
If we are unable to get a specific agenda slot we will simply make the requests by using multiple people to make a request during the public comments section.

Newspaper ads are being prepared to help everyone understand our requests.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Bob, you and the WCTA are doing a great job!!! Please continue to do so.