• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Fired Up! has always been a favorite place for visitors and locals. Here are some plates that were made for the Montessori school auction on Memorial Day. The materials and time were donated for kids to make about 20 plates that were offered along with donated dinners from various restaurants. I got the Sea Bar plate and dinner (not shown).

swma314.jpg

swma315.jpg

swma316.jpg

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Smiling JOe said:
Paula is all over it. If I were looking for a house to rent down here, I would highly consider one of Paula's. She tries to hook up her renters giving them everything they need to know to help them fit in, feel welcome in SoWal, as well as helping educate them about potential hazards (eg - rip currents) as well as local environmental issues (eg- fragile dune systems, coastal lakes). I can feel the love when she begins asking for info on things to do, like going to Fired-Up.

Gosh... :love: My mom always said if you're going to do a job, you should do it right. It's amazing how a few words from a parent can last for a long, long time. And I really do enjoy taking care of people on vacation -- they spend a lot of money regardless of how affordable a place is, and it really doesn't take too much to help them have an easy stay (at least for what's in our control). I especially like figuring out what families need on vacation because if kids are happy and entertained, parents can relax. I also think most vacationers want to do the right thing with the environment if they know what to do.

And DestinDreamin, thanks for the kind words, too. We'll be seeing you the end of the month so maybe we'll stop by our place and our beach (stop by SJ -- you know where we are, though we'll be staying next door rather than at the cottage you saw).

Anyway, we cant wait to get to the cottage ourself and we're counting the days until the last week of this month. We sure wish we were there with the SoWallers this week.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I'm not coming til August---will you be there then too?

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
30A Skunkape said:
Mrs Skunkape has been nagging me to DWI there. Design While Intoxicated that is, it seems my doodling becomes high art when I am buzzed :funn:

:funn:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
30A Skunkape said:
Mrs Skunkape has been nagging me to DWI there. Design While Intoxicated that is, it seems my doodling becomes high art when I am buzzed :funn:

Me too Ape, and not necessarily having anything to do with pottery!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Beach Bimmer said:
Agreed, we need a SoWal sticker on the front door!

:clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beach Bimmer said:
Agreed, we need a SoWal sticker on the front door!
What are you waiting on???

JFunn, you need to get off your butt pronto and go SoWal fired up.