• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
phdphay said:
River Otter, you *rock* in your rant against fast food. I happen to live in a small town where our only choices are fast food and a few tacky chain restaurants. I am *so* tired of this, but, hey, that's where our jobs are. So 30-A is an escape from all of that junk food for me. They say you are what you eat - if I depended on restaurants in my town, I'd be junk! If they build a McDonald's on 30-A, I'll ... flip out and ... be sad and ... dunno what ...

I have a rule when traveling away from home. We never eat at a restaurant we could normally eat at back home. :cool:

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Ditto. But that's not saying much, because our choices are junk and junk and junk and ...

No wonder I have a residence in Atlanta so I can escape the fast-food land of where I live.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Thinking of opening a fast-casual restaurant by the Publix in Watercolor with counter service vs. waitstaff and reasonable prices (at least for this area!). Would love your opinion on what you think the area needs. Examples are Pizza, Mexican, Burgers, Chinese, etc. Thanks!

I have an idea. A pizza place where kids can go wild. And serve the pizzas in the pan on top of industrial size size cans of tomatoes. It might work. Heck, you might even be able to open a second location one day!:cool:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I have an idea. A pizza place where kids can go wild. And serve the pizzas in the pan on top of industrial size size cans of tomatoes. It might work. Heck, you might even be able to open a second location one day!:cool:

You found a ball sitting in the outfield and threw it home.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Love reading these old post!:clap:

Throwback Thursday. The old posts do make for funn reading. There were so many people who spent lots of time on this forum who simply slipped away into the great unknown. It makes you wonder what happened to them...:dunno:

What could have possibly happened to phdphay? She probably got Zooked!

Last edited:

DestinDeb

Beach Lover
Sep 28, 2012
Thinking of opening a fast-casual restaurant by the Publix in Watercolor with counter service vs. waitstaff and reasonable prices (at least for this area!). Would love your opinion on what you think the area needs. Examples are Pizza, Mexican, Burgers, Chinese, etc. Thanks!

I have lived all over the country and we are now living in Watersound. We are so disappointed that there isn't a really good Chinese or Japanese steakhouse in the area. Its been over a year since I've had some General Tao's Chicken and some pork fried rice. We miss having Chinese food!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I have lived all over the country and we are now living in Watersound. We are so disappointed that there isn't a really good Chinese or Japanese steakhouse in the area. Its been over a year since I've had some General Tao's Chicken and some pork fried rice. We miss having Chinese food!
Jin Jin I . @ Publix on 98 by BMB.... Not a 10, but not 4/5 either...I've only had take out..large portion combos w/egg roll under $9.00

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world

Although not in the immediate area, try Dynasty in Miramar Beach.