• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Ok...here's what I came up with while talking with Kitty and sitting in the store parking lot..

Teriyaki pork tenderloin (I can just throw it in the oven)
Buttternut squash casserole (cleaning out the fridge)
Potatoes au gratin (in the oven too)
Sweet peas (cleaning out the freezer)
Pineapple Ice Box Pie

Sounds like a lot, but it's really pretty simple stuff. Off to cook now, but keep the ideas coming....there's always tomorrow!!

IWIWT and cp: Sounds delish!!

Can I come? Sounds so good!!! What is a pineapple ice box pie? Recipe..please!:D

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Can I come? Sounds so good!!! What is a pineapple ice box pie? Recipe..please!:D

Just made it...so easy.

1 can eagle brand
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 large can crushed pineapple (drained a little)
9-10 oz. cool whip
2 graham cracker crusts

mix one tbsp lemon juice into eagle brand at a time. blend in pineapple. blend in cool whip. pour into crusts and refrigerate.

And yes, you come on!!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Threw together a pretty simple chicken dish:

1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast
1 8 oz. can of tomato soup
1 8 oz. jar of salsa (medium or you can make it yourself)
serving of rice for two

Brown the chicken in a skillet then place in a casserole dish, cover with soup and salsa. You can either add uncooked rice (keeps it's texture) or cooked rice if you like it mushy. Cook at 375 for 30-40 minutes covered.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005

serving of rice for two

Brown the chicken in a skillet then place in a casserole dish, cover with soup and salsa. You can either add uncooked rice (keeps it's texture) or cooked rice if you like it mushy. Cook at 375 for 30-40 minutes covered.

Thanks!! I'll add this to my recipe book. Sounds good!! How can you go wrong with salsa? :D

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
:clap::clap::clap:DD!!! The pie sounds great...I think the sorority girls would love it!

I made a beef pie last night (called pasties...yep...thats right)
Pillsbury pie crust...cut in half ...heap inside....small diced Beef, carrots, potatoes and onion...tossed with salt & pepper...dot with a piece of butter and seal the pie crust around the filling. Make slits in the dough & bake 375 degrees for about an hour....this was sooooo good :drool: they can be made hours in advance!
I also took some of the discarded trimmings from the beef and sauteed it in a bit of olive oil & butter along with some onion. Added white and beef broth and simmered for about 1/2 hour. Removed the beef & boiled down to a thick consistency. Added a bit of cream (optional) and served it over the pies...this was a wonderful fall dish!

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg

serving of rice for two

you eat chicken? Why didn't you use tofu?....:D

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
Ok...here's what I came up with while talking with Kitty and sitting in the store parking lot..

Teriyaki pork tenderloin (I can just throw it in the oven)
Buttternut squash casserole (cleaning out the fridge)
Potatoes au gratin (in the oven too)
Sweet peas (cleaning out the freezer)
Pineapple Ice Box Pie

Sounds like a lot, but it's really pretty simple stuff. Off to cook now, but keep the ideas coming....there's always tomorrow!!

IWIWT and cp: Sounds delish!!

For next time if you have a Sam's club close by they have a portabello mushroom and crushed red pepper pork tenderloin that is great grilled. I'm sure it would be just as good cooked in the oven.

Last edited:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
:clap::clap::clap:DD!!! The pie sounds great...I think the sorority girls would love it!

Pillsbury pie crust...cut in half ...heap inside....small diced Beef, carrots, potatoes and onion...tossed with salt & pepper...dot with a piece of butter and seal the pie crust around the filling. Make slits in the dough & bake 375 degrees for about an hour....this was sooooo good :drool: they can be made hours in advance!
I also took some of the discarded trimmings from the beef and sauteed it in a bit of olive oil & butter along with some onion. Added white and beef broth and simmered for about 1/2 hour. Removed the beef & boiled down to a thick consistency. Added a bit of cream (optional) and served it over the pies...this was a wonderful fall dish!

You're makin' me hungry so early in the morning!!!
The pie's really good...and fast!

you eat chicken? Why didn't you use tofu?....:D

:rotfl:

For next time if you have a Sam's club close by they have a portabello mushroom and crushed red pepper pork tenderloin that is great grilled. I'm sure it would be just as good cooked in the oven.

I'll look for it!! Thanks!!:wave:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach

I love pasties of any kind. They are so popular in England and I never understood why they never went over here in the States. You could walk into pasties place in the UK and get ones with meat or fruit or vegetables.

I think Sowal needs a pasties shoppe. :wave: