• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
The twice baked potato recipe is nothing fancy at all.

After baking large Idaho's, scoop the potatoes into a large bowl. Throw in softened butter (about 1 stick if you're making 8 potatoes :shock:), 1 - 8 oz. container of sour cream, approx. 1 C. sharp shredded cheddar, 8 oz. room temp. cream cheese. Use elec. mixer just to blend. Add a small amount of milk to help with the consistency. Re-fill potato skins and top with a sprinkling of crispy bacon bits (real, not the kind from a jar). Place under the broiler for a minute or two right before time to serve dinner.

As you can see, this is not a health conscience side dish, nor a fancy, gormet one!! :D

thanks JR, this is really good stuff. basic but the real deal. will try it for sure!:D

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Where does someone buy a goose? Never bought one or seen one for sale. I think I would like to try some different things this year. Balder and his bro like to cook meat outside, you know, things like bear. :eek:
PS That is my first double quote reply!

I think you have to shoot the goose. Maybe the same place you get the bear.:dunno: :razz:

darlene: I am in this family. trust me. you don't want to do it. if you like potatoes, do not, I repeat DO NOT ever do this to a potato. :lol:

:lolabove: At first i thought it said diced potatoes, but just curious, how does one rice a potato?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
darlene: I am in this family. trust me. you don't want to do it. if you like potatoes, do not, I repeat DO NOT ever do this to a potato. :lol:

:lolabove: Listen to Toots...she is a wise wise woman! Step away from the ricer!!!

With a potato ricer.
I don't own one, but some folks swear by them.

Mr. K just bought one after we tried the food mill one time. Those were possibly the worst potatoes ever. Just give me a hand mixer or a masher anyday.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
:lolabove: Listen to Toots...she is a wise wise woman! Step away from the ricer!!!

Mr. K just bought one after we tried the food mill one time. Those were possibly the worst potatoes ever. Just give me a hand mixer or a masher anyday.

a complete waste of a good tater. what did you do with the ricer? :lol:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
a complete waste of a good tater. what did you do with the ricer? :lol:

Stuffed it in the cabinet. Any ideas for alternate uses...could I squeeze water out of spinach in it? BTW...Mr. K thinks they were good.:blink: Probably just saving face.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Our food focused family will be sharing - On Christmas Eve, a Seafood Platter (shrimp, oysters, crab claws, mussels, clams) and turkducken (never made one before!) followed by a cheese course (the stinkier the better!) with baguette, butter, figs and pears and lots of wine and champagne:blush: On Christmas Day, we are serving a Roast Goose with ??? - we haven't decided on what to serve with the goose as of today. Any suggestions?