• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Allifunn, I would like to have the baked French Toast recipe...and I am curious, what is riced potatoes?

Baked French Toast
1 24 inch baguette, sliced diagonally into 20 slices
6 large eggs
3 cups whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup pecans lightly toasted
1/2 stick butter
2 cups blue berries (fresh or frozen)
Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Arrange the bread in one layer in the dish. Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla & 3/4 cup brown sugar together and pour over the bread. Cover and chill 8 hours or over night.
Preheat oven to 400.
Sprinkle pecans & berries over the bread. Melt 1/2 stick of butter and the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar together, whisking to incorporate. Drizzle over bread and bake 20-25 minutes.
Serve with blueberry syrup:
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice.
Cook berries & syrup together until berries burst (I prefer frozen so they won't burst..just cook for about 5-10 minutes) Pour syrup through a sieve to eleminate solids. Stir in lemon juice and serve from a small pitcher, gravy boat or creamer.
Syrup can be made a day in advance...chilld and reheated before serving.

I have made this several ways ..without the pecans, without the blueberries...all ways it is wonderful!

Where does someone buy a goose? Never bought one or seen one for sale. I think I would like to try some different things this year. Balder and his bro like to cook meat outside, you know, things like bear. :eek:

PS That is my first double quote reply!
:clap_1: Yay on your double quote! Publix can order you a goose! Although I think they carry them in Atlanta this time of the year.

darlene: I am in this family. trust me. you don't want to do it. if you like potatoes, do not, I repeat DO NOT ever do this to a potato. :lol:
I am just plain dissapointed in you Toots!!!!:roll: Riced potatoes are a family tradition and my kids LOVE them!!! Memories of Dad, Mike & Brad all ricing potatoes...dad half in the bag and "supervising" :eek: :rotfl: They are wonderful with lots of madam's goose gravy on top!

Last edited:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Baked French Toast
1 24 inch baguette, sliced diagonally into 20 slices
6 large eggs
3 cups whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup pecans lightly toasted
1/2 stick butter
2 cups blue berries (fresh or frozen)
Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Arrange the bread in one layer in the dish. Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla & 3/4 cup brown sugar together and pour over the bread. Cover and chill 8 hours or over night.
Preheat oven to 400.
Sprinkle pecans & berries over the bread. Melt 1/2 stick of butter and the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar together, whisking to incorporate. Drizzle over bread and bake 20-25 minutes.
Serve with blueberry syrup:
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice.
Cook berries & syrup together until berries burst (I prefer frozen so they won't burst..just cook for about 5-10 minutes) Pour syrup through a sieve to eleminate solids. Stir in lemon juice and serve from a small pitcher, gravy boat or creamer.
Syrup can be made a day in advance...chilld and reheated before serving.

I have made this several ways ..without the pecans, without the blueberries...all ways it is wonderful!

:clap_1: Yay on your double quote! Publix can order you a goose! Although I think they carry them in Atlanta this time of the year.

I am just plain dissapointed in you Toots!!!!:roll: Riced potatoes are a family tradition and my kids LOVE them!!! Memories of Dad, Mike & Brad all ricing potatoes...dad half in the bag and "supervising" :eek: :rotfl: They are wonderful with lots of madam's goose gravy on top!

Thank you sweetie. Now get over to that Thanksgiving recipe thread and answer my question. :D Oh, I forgot to say pretty please with sugar on top.....:blush:

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thank you sweetie. Now get over to that Thanksgiving recipe thread and answer my question. :D

:lolabove: ...man, Darlene...you are giving Afunn an aerobic workout this morning!!! :clap_1:

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
sorry I didn't see your "request" before I left for work...but Dbuck baby saved the day!
I am cooking for a Christmas dinner party for 6 Sunday night...I am having a blind date at the same time.....dinner will be at my friend Erica's house and she is inviting a man she wants me to meet.....:eek: :shock:
I am cooking:
Sea Island Shrimp
Champagne/Maple Scallops
Pecan Cheddar Spread with crackers

Sugared Almond and Strawberry Salad
Individual Beef Wellington
Potato Tart
Harcouverts
Sauteed Red & Yellow Peppers

Chocolate Walnut Torte
Panna Cotta with Hazelnut Praline and Orange Carmal Sauce
Do you think he'll be impressed.....:roll: :rotfl:
I love cooking...I am looking forward to cooking gourmet again!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
sorry I didn't see your "request" before I left for work...but Dbuck baby saved the day!
I am cooking for a Christmas dinner party for 6 Sunday night...I am having a blind date at the same time.....dinner will be at my friend Erica's house and she is inviting a man she wants me to meet.....:eek: :shock:
I am cooking:
Sea Island Shrimp
Champagne/Maple Scallops

Potato Tart
Harcouverts

Chocolate Walnut Torte

I am impressed- and if he's not, well ditch him!

Are recipes available for the cheddar pecan spread, shrimp and scallops? (insert begging smilie here):D

Sheila

SoWal Insider
I am cooking:
Sea Island Shrimp
Champagne/Maple Scallops

Potato Tart
Harcouverts

Chocolate Walnut Torte

Gullfriend,

If he's not impressed with YOU! He's not worth impressing. However, the menu is 4th date material. ;-) Date 1-3 is should be him impressing YOU! :love: If he's not impressed, call me. I'll explain it to him. :funn:

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I am impressed- and if he's not, well ditch him!

Are recipes available for the cheddar pecan spread, shrimp and scallops? (insert begging smilie here):D
All recipes are available!! I will post...as soon as I can dig them up out of my spider-web ridden archives.....:roll: :D and BTW...I :love: you!

Gullfriend,

If he's not impressed with YOU! He's not worth impressing. However, the menu is 4th date material. ;-) Date 1-3 is should be him impressing YOU! :love: If he's not impressed, call me. I'll explain it to him. :funn:
I :love: you too!!! You are too funny!:D I just don't know about this "dating" stuff...its been 30 years.....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ......:D but I think it will be fun...not funn...... yet....;-)

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

yes, there are some great rice potato making memories. but don't tell madam - potatoes are my favorite food on this earth and I just did not like those. neither did your bro. I guess that is our big hairy skeleton in the family closet - we don't like the riced potatoes!!! :eek: :puke: :D

Last edited: