• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
Hello 30A Shopper,

As you can see from looking at the aerials, Prominence is completely surrounded by Watersound and does not have beach access through their property.

Thank you! :wave:

Have you & Colonial made any recent proposals to St Joe for them to buy out Prominence?

Given the ownership map of the neighborhood, they were, and still are, the only logical developer of this parcel, IMO.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Have you & Colonial made any recent proposals to St Joe for them to buy out Prominence?

Given the ownership map of the neighborhood, they were, and still are, the only logical developer of this parcel, IMO.

IMO the only logical beach access is through Deer Lake State Park as originally planned - at least that's what I was told early on when I inquired about lots. That's one reason I hope the state never puts the park for sale(see my previous posts).

Joe originally tried to buy this parcel when Watersound was being planned but the owners had a hard-on for JOE and refused ( I think $33M was the offer ). Bet they wish they had now.

Last edited:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
I don't want Deer Lake to be sold to a developer. I hope that the state would not allow this. Some of the other state parks that define the uniqueness of this area be might be next. OMG! If the state parks are in danger, maybe a group of private investors could get together to preserve the pristine nature of these parks. If that occurs, please PM me.

NO DESTIN ON 30A!

I echo your sentiments. I would be interested in putting together a group of investors if the park ever became available.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
What will keep those private investors from selling the park too?

IMO we need to make sure the state CAN'T sell the park to anybody!

What will keep those private investors from selling the park too?

IMO we need to make sure the state CAN'T sell the park to anybody!
True.dat.

But idealism and reality are sometimes at odds.

Need a lawyer here. Maybe the state could own it, private investors could pay to maintain it, and it remain public? I am totally outside my area of expertise. Need legal help. I just want Deer Lake Park to stay pristine with no development.

My battery is about to die, so I am over and out.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Seems like the logical thing to do with Deer Lake is to offer to let Walton County manage it or take title of it. They already have a state/county lease agreement with Morrison Springs park. And there's precedent for just deeding it over to the county like they deeded over the now former Navarre Beach SP to Santa Rosa County.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hold your horses please everyone. No one is talking about developing state parks.

Anyone can use a state park for beach access, just like the rest of us. Prominence is just like any other landlocked subdivision, whether it's on scenic 30A or Freeport. Its residents and renters make their way to the beach however they can.

Our most vigilant defender of state lands in SoWal is Celeste Cobena and Beach To Bay Connection - Beach to Bay Connection

Celeste is the Soap Pedaler and has handmade fine bath and beauty products for many years before it became such a huge industry. You can support her by buying from her direct or outlets throughout SoWal like For The Health Of It in Blue Mountain Beach.

Also defending our environment and parks - South Walton Community Council - Home Page

Hold your horses please everyone. No one is talking about developing state parks.

Anyone can use a state park for beach access, just like the rest of us. Prominence is just like any other landlocked subdivision, whether it's on scenic 30A or Freeport. Its residents and renters make their way to the beach however they can.

Our most vigilant defender of state lands in SoWal is Celeste Cobena and Beach To Bay Connection - Beach to Bay Connection

Celeste is the Soap Pedaler and has handmade fine bath and beauty products for many years before it became such a huge industry. You can support her by buying from her direct or outlets throughout SoWal like For The Health Of It in Blue Mountain Beach.

Also defending our environment and parks - South Walton Community Council - Home Page
That's great news! Thanks, Kurt.