• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
TooFarTampa said:
The lagoon pool is starting to get very crowded in the summer.
That's exactly how we ended up at Seagrove. We rented beachfront condos in Sandestin (a bunch of our friends own there). The last two times we stayed there, a baby would poop in the pool, and they'd close the pool for 24 hours. In a one-week period, the pool was closed 4 days, and we got no discount. So we started looking for a house with a private pool. We rented Dolphin House in Seagrove and were sold on 30-A, having our own pool, not having to get to the pool by 9 AM to claim chairs so we wouldn't have to sit on concrete. Then we got "The Dream." Started looking at houses and lots in Seagrove, and the rest is history.

All because of a pool.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
TooFarTampa said:
gotothebeachmom said:
Very true!

But with all the additional building in Seacrest (the Alexander :bang: ) I wonder if they could put a smaller pool by that building for the community to use, just like the Alexander and hotel people are going to be able to use the lagoon pool. It could be designed small enough to be heated.

The lagoon pool is starting to get very crowded in the summer.

I agree. I was tempted to ask at the HOA meeting if there was any developments on 30-A that had not been offered a membership to the pool. I had heard at one time that the Villages would have a heated pool. We(Seacrest North owners) would Not be able to use it or buy a membership for it. I'm not sure if that's still in the plans or not! :dunno:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
gotothebeachmom said:
TooFarTampa said:
I agree. I was tempted to ask at the HOA meeting if there was any developments on 30-A that had not been offered a membership to the pool. I had heard at one time that the Villages would have a heated pool. We(Seacrest North owners) would Not be able to use it or buy a membership for it. I'm not sure if that's still in the plans or not! :dunno:

good gttbm for going to the meeting. :clap_1: I asked a couple of months ago if they would consider putting in at least a large hot tub, and Connie the office manager said she would bring it up. Don't know if that idea has been raised in a meeting though.

I haven't seen the full plans but I just think there should be something behind the Alexander. However, that parcel does not appear to fall under Seacrest Beach design review according to documents I obtained from the county. The developers could do pretty much whatever the heck they wanted with it, which is why the building starts less than 7 feet from our back fence. :bang:

Doesn't seem right that the owner of that parcel doesn't have to "give back" in some way, in the form of something that adds to the community. Besides retail on the first floor. :bang:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
TooFarTampa said:
gotothebeachmom said:
good gttbm for going to the meeting. :clap_1: I asked a couple of months ago if they would consider putting in at least a large hot tub, and Connie the office manager said she would bring it up. Don't know if that idea has been raised in a meeting though.

I haven't seen the full plans but I just think there should be something behind the Alexander. However, that parcel does not appear to fall under Seacrest Beach design review according to documents I obtained from the county. The developers could do pretty much whatever the heck they wanted with it, which is why the building starts less than 7 feet from our back fence. :bang:

Doesn't seem right that the owner of that parcel doesn't have to "give back" in some way, in the form of something that adds to the community. Besides retail on the first floor. :bang:

The Alexander was a real "Hot Topic" at the meeting. So far the owners in our 'hood that bak up to that fence have had many legit concerns with them. Among the list, alarms that go off for hours on end, really bright lights, trash that is not contained, etc. Our HOA is taking all the issues on and attemping to mediate with the contractors. Sounded like the results so far were less than satisfactory!

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
gotothebeachmom said:
TooFarTampa said:
The Alexander was a real "Hot Topic" at the meeting. So far the owners in our 'hood that bak up to that fence have had many legit concerns with them. Among the list, alarms that go off for hours on end, really bright lights, trash that is not contained, etc. Our HOA is taking all the issues on and attemping to mediate with the contractors. Sounded like the results so far were less than satisfactory!

I'll give them a little credit -- even though they sprayed concrete all over the back of our house and our neighbors' house, the construction manager was responsive and had it removed right away. Hopefully the HOA will have similar luck. I just want them to finish the darned thing.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
TooFarTampa said:
gotothebeachmom said:
I'll give them a little credit -- even though they sprayed concrete all over the back of our house and our neighbors' house, the construction manager was responsive and had it removed right away. Hopefully the HOA will have similar luck. I just want them to finish the darned thing.

Amen!

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I do know that The Inn at Secrest Beach does have its own heated pool and hot tub. The rooms there are small but GREAT views from the 3rd and 4th floors. It is not for the Alexander use and The Inn does not have rights to the Seacrest lagoon pool but does use the tram service (and pays dues for that) I also know that Treetop (behind Seacrest) does have a lease back on the seacrest pool for maybe 8-9 more years (do not quote me) but they are building their own pool in their subdivision. I have heard that the Village is planning on putting a pool in but have not seen any progress. As a Seacrest owner I surely will not vote for them to lease the pool again when their time is up and I sure hope that all owners understand that it is a lease.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
What is The Alexander? Is it great?

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Sueshore said:
What is The Alexander? Is it great?

Well, it casts a GREAT shadow over our house at sunset. :roll: It's a four-story condo building. Not sure how many units, but it has been under construction for a year with a number of delays. The things is like a concrete fortress. I imagine it is hurricane-ready.

That's nice to know about the Inn at Seacrest. I thought those hotel guests would be able to use our pool also. If and when the Village gets one that will help a lot.