• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Let me say this as loud and clear as I can. The area they are attempting to incorporate is too large and not in many's interest including mine. As I have said on many occasions, let Seaside, Aly' Beach and Rosemary Beach incorporate if they wish, but leave Blue Mountain Beach out of it!!!
And Miramar Beach!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Miramar Beach should be incorporated into Destin and be annexed into Okaloosa county. Sandestin makes an obvious geographical boundary.
You really sound like you want to move back to Okaloosa. Walton County may take issue with giving up a section on the County. Secondly the other taxing agencies SWFD and South Walton Mosquito Control are established by Legislature so the annexing may run into other issues.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I would believe so.
My question is the property taxes collected to support those services. And schools? And how about the franchise agreements between the City and the cable and waste companies?
They pay taxes for the services recieved. The only difference is I don't pay for services that i don't receive from the city.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
You really sound like you want to move back to Okaloosa. Walton County may take issue with giving up a section on the County. Secondly the other taxing agencies SWFD and South Walton Mosquito Control are established by Legislature so the annexing may run into other issues.
Couldn't pay me to move back there.
Truth is, I wouldn't want to live in Miramar or Sandestin either.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Miramar Beach should be incorporated into Destin and be annexed into Okaloosa county. Sandestin makes an obvious geographical boundary.
Your opinion is exactly why Miramar Beach should be left out of incorporation. Many on 30a believe South Walton County only consists of the beaches along 30a. My community would be treated like a Bastard child. Leave us out of all of your bitching and griping.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
For probably the first time ever, Poppaj and I agree on something.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Your opinion is exactly why Miramar Beach should be left out of incorporation. Many on 30a believe South Walton County only consists of the beaches along 30a. My community would be treated like a Bastard child. Leave us out of all of your bitching and griping.
My good sir...
You make many assumptions. I have never said I live on 30A, or said I do not. I also never said Miramar Beach should be left in or out of south walton incorporation. I merely stated that geographically it may make more sence for Miramar Beach to be part of Destin. (I remember back when Miramar Beach shared the Destin post office. Again, probably because it made geographical sense).
And your bastard child comment may support the idea of Miramar annexing into Destin. Although we know it won't happen, tax dollars has already drawn that line in the sand. Pun intended.
The "bitching and griping" line may be an uncounted for personal attack. A conversation of ideas can be had without that by most.
Good day.

Last edited:

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
My good sir...
You make many assumptions. I have never said I live on 30A, or said I do not. I also never said Miramar Beach should be left in or out of south walton incorporation. I merely stated that geographically it may make more sence for Miranar Beach to be part of Destin. (I remember back when Miramar Beach shared the Destin post office. Again, probably because it made geographical sense).
And your bastard child comment may support the idea of Miramar annexing into Destin. Although we know it won't happen, tax dollars has already drawn that line in the sand. Pun intended.
The "bitching and griping" line may be an uncounted for personal attack. A conversation of ideas can be had without that by most.
Good day.
And Inlet Beach shared a PCB post office so what? The bitching and griping wasn't personal but feel free to take it as such, your choice. It was actually in reference to the almost constant crisis along 30a be it signage, hotels, beach access, or what have you. This isn't meant to imply most of it isn't justified.