• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Paula said:
What are the best yearly rates for wireless that anyone has found in the area? I'm considering wireless. Thanks.
Through MediaCom, my bill for expanded basic + cable internet is around $60/mo. I seem to remember the cable internet costs being about $40 of the total $60. If you do not own a cable modem, the MediaCom will lease one to you for about $5 per month. The only additional cost for wireless is about $50-$75 for your router and maybe another $45 if you have to buy a wireless card for your PC or laptop.

Last edited:

Santa Rosa Pete

Beach Comber
Jul 6, 2005
ATL & SRB
osubosco said:
I wanted to re-hash this thread from March. I am going to be spending a week in Seaside starting this Saturday, and I want to be able to post my travel pictures daily in my photo blog.

Other than the center stage area at Seaside, are there any other wi-fi hotspots? Anyone on Savannah Street have a wireless connection they would like to share? :) If I have to go to the the stage area everyday to post, I will. I know my wife likes to go drink wine at that wine place near there that I forget the name of.

Basically, I just wanted to see if there is anything new in the last few months.

Phil

www.indietulsa.com/photo

You're probably talking about Fermentations which was in the Central Square area of Seaside (north end of the Holl Building). Alas, Edd (yes, two "D"s) Fleckenstein and his team shuttered doors a few months back. Seems as if the landlords (Robert & Daryl Davis) felt as if an overpriced flower/gift shop would generate higher revenues and didn't renew the lease. Losing Fermentations was akin to having "Cheers" close up -- lots of crazy characters who suddenly needed to find a new bar stool somewhere to share stories and create memories. We lost a a key thread or two from the 30-A fabric when Fermentations poured its last glass of Cambria Chardonnay.

osubosco

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Tulsa, OK
www.phillipsumner.com
Sorry to hear about Fermentations. That was the place my wife LOVED. I'm not a wine drinker myself, but it was a cool place. Sad to hear it won't be there on our trip this year.

So, you can take your laptop into Sundog Books and hit the web? That is awesome. Thanks everybody!

bennifer

Beach Lover
Jul 6, 2005
newyorker said:
Somehow, the idea of dragging my laptop around is not really appealing. (yes, yes, I agree, we should come down and relax. But I don't totally relax unless I check my email once a day--and lately things at my college (I'm a dean at an excellent NY liberal arts college) have been tumultuous. So I check--I'm reassured, they're reassured, then all is good).
I love Sundog Books--and indeed, I buy LOTs of books when I come (this independent bookstore is yet one more reason we come all this way--I love being able to have them help me find great summer reading). But I don't want to drag my laptop around looking for signals. I'm staying at a condo in Seagrove--Palms--is there still a good dialup service? (last year some enterprising soul had something--I still have the icon on my laptop. ) We'll be in Seagrove on Sat. yes, I know its "so old". thanks.
Newyorker

hey, my daughter is looking at colleges and would love to go to NY, She has a 4.0 going into her junior year at a college prep school here in Atlanta, would like for her to go to a nice place ...

Beach Java was wonderful, we make to trips down there from Seagrove during last weeks vacation. I just love that place! jen in ga