• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
"I could see Alys Beach wanting to keep their sales on the down-low."[/quote by S.J.]

okay...i'm trying to figure out why they would do this...Aly never struck me as the DC madam type...:D

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Why would they want to keep sales on the DL if stuff was selling? :dunno:

I could understand if stuff WASN'T selling, but why stifle good news?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Developers will often keep their listings private so that they can keep control over the sales. Giving the potential buyers and other Realtors less information on sales, also gives the advantage to the developer. I'm not saying that the developers are trying to take advantage of the buyers, but in many cases, it is more difficult for buyers to try to know what price to offer for a property when they cannot see the comparable sales.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Isn't it public record on the tax assessor's site after it's sold?
Yes, but pulling up specific types of sales within a specific time period, within a particular area, is most easily done via the ECAR MLS, limited to participating members. The County site is not that user friendly, nor does it have the capabilities to break down sales data to the extent the MLS has.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Yes, but pulling up specific types of sales within a specific time period, within a particular area, is most easily done via the ECAR MLS, limited to participating members. The County site is not that user friendly, nor does it have the capabilities to break down sales data to the extent the MLS has.

Walton County records show only 5 or 6 sales since December 2005. Does that jive with MLS records?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Thanks - since I don't have access to the ECARS MLS I always just use the PA site for info.

It's all perspective - the county site is much more user friendly than the one I can't access at all ;-).

BeachKing

Beach Lover
Oct 23, 2007
Do I read it correctly,,, 22 sales in 2005 --- 3 in 2006 --- 2 for 2007 ? I was wondering if this was the right place to look. Thanks