• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Biff said:
:funn: How bout a "Pizza Delivery/Laundry/Beer to Go" .... Hmmmmmmmmmm I think we are on to something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would have to go to New York Roccos School of Pizza Making first. :rotfl:
I went to a pizza place in Seagrove I thinkit was on a Sunday night, and when I went in they did not have any pizza out to examine. No self respecting pizza place does not have a pie already cut up and ready to offer a slice or two of different pizzas. :eek:
Mr. mango and I left and went to the Luna De Mar. :love:
I really miss that place :sosad:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
In our town, we have a laundromat that is also a food place (we could use some inexpensive hotdog/subway sandwich type place that looks nice though it's inexpensive). Add wireless and coffee and you may have something. We drive about 15 miles to get to a laundromat when we're in SoWal and it's very basic. We go there to wash all of our quilts, comforters whenever we are there to keep them fresh (it costs quite a bit to send them to a service and they don't all fit in our washing machines at the cottages).

Delivery food service would be good as well. Delivery would have less overhead. Other than that, I think we have all we need when we're in SoWal!

Biff

Beach Fanatic
Well, I must say these are interesting replies. Paula, IS there a delivery Pizza place....?? Just curious (Thanks to Mango) got me wondering....:blink:

When I was down in Destin last April on business we LOOKED EVERYWHERE for a pizza delivery......

When my wife and I came down in June, we stayed at 1 Seagrove pl. ... We walked across the street to ...( I cant recall right now) never the less; it seemed limited......

B-

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Bruno's in Seagrove and Fat Daddy's on 98 in SRB deliver but their areas are somewhat limited. We had a pizza Hut for awhile and they closed.

I have heard from New Yorkers that we have no good pizza here. I haven't had pie in NYC and I'll bet it is very good. Just like they don't have good BBQ in Fargo.

I like a more delicate, wood-fired oven, Italian trattoria-style pie. We have some good pizza like that around here but no wood ovens.

Back to your question - daycare is in big demand here but I believe it's because it is such a difficult business to run.

Beach Goddess

Beach Lover
Jul 8, 2006
A really great hot dog stand. I know it sounds cliche', but here where I live there's an awesome one downtown with top quality dogs and homemade buns and people come from all over to go to it. They also do parties so that could be a side thing. Low overhead, movable venue.

Biff

Beach Fanatic
Here in the Big "City" he he... Tulsa....... we have copious amounts of day cares. I have a friend that owns three; he seems to do well. I imagine the liability is high; as well as the demand....

We have a fairly new market here for "drop-off day care" some are open until the weeee hours of the a.m.

I personally would probably have a hard time trusting anyone to watch my young ones.. (if I had them that is).......

Now BBQ, you are talking our language!!!!!!!

kurt said:
Bruno's in Seagrove and Fat Daddy's on 98 in SRB deliver but their areas are somewhat limited. We had a pizza Hut for awhile and they closed.

I have heard from New Yorkers that we have no good pizza here. I haven't had pie in NYC and I'll bet it is very good. Just like they don't have good BBQ in Fargo.

I like a more delicate, wood-fired oven, Italian trattoria-style pie. We have some good pizza like that around here but no wood ovens.

Back to your question - daycare is in big demand here but I believe it's because it is such a difficult business to run.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
miramargal said:
A really great hot dog stand. I know it sounds cliche', but here where I live there's an awesome one downtown with top quality dogs and homemade buns and people come from all over to go to it. They also do parties so that could be a side thing. Low overhead, movable venue.

I saw this on the travel or food channel the other day. Sounded yummy.

Pukadog After reading further, they aren't ready to franchise just yet.

Biff

Beach Fanatic
If anyone here on the board is from; or visits Tampa.. there is a Mel's Hot Dogs... Mmmmm,.,,,,,mmmmmm.....,,, Good.... Nothing Cliche' bout that at all!!!!!!!!! Plus the fries are to just die for.. or were anyway... Anyone been there recently???

miramargal said: