Hibiscus Coffee & Guesthouse Operating Details & Specials
May 4, 2020 by The Hibiscus Team
Greetings friends, we are sorry you can't be with us at the beach right now. The sky is sunny and blue, the air is perfect spring and the beaches are open!
Things have been as slow here as anywhere and we are only running on a skeleton crew at the moment, but as the lock-down is beginning to ease folks are starting to book, and we know many of you are looking to get away.
We write to share a few things we hope you will find of interest:
- The beaches are open, but we will still need to take care
- We are taking measures to keep our guests safe from the coronavirus
- 25% off if you stay a week and other deals
- The café will reopen to the public starting this Monday, May 4th
- If you are sick, please stay home and rest
The Walton County Board of County Commissioners voted Tuesday, to open the county beaches starting today. There will be some reasonable restrictions including a continued ban on beach vending, adherence to the CDC's social distancing guidelines and any limitations that apply per the Governor's Executive Orders.
As you may have heard, vacation rentals are not permitted in Florida right now, but you may rest assured. Being classified as a hotel/inn, we do not fall under these restrictions.
For the most up-to-date information on measures the Board of County Commissioners is taking, visit https://www.co.walton.fl.us/CivicAlerts.aspx.
For an up-to-date list of our Governor's Executive Orders, visit https://www.flgov.com/2020-executive-orders.
Our Coronavirus Measures
To keep rooms coronavirus free, for our guests, we are taking the following measures, and will keep these measures in place at least through May, judiciously adjusting our plan as we move forward:
- We are providing hand-sanitizer, surface disinfectant and disposable gloves in our rooms.
- In addition to our usual conscientious room cleaning, we are taking extra care to wipe down surfaces that people are likely to touch, such as door knobs, remote controls, switch plates, etc., with disinfectant and spraying down the rest.
- We are blocking off rooms the Magnolia and Tropical Bird rooms so that all available rooms have a private entrance to the outside and none share AC ducts.
- As we gear up to reopen the cafe, we will do things a little differently. While we are still sorting out the details, in general, we will be taking orders by phone or outside in the courtyard, and we will serve everything as take-out. Guests will be able to take breakfast back to their rooms or perhaps find a pretty place to sit outside.
- We will not be doing any room tidying services except by special request.
- As an additional precaution, whenever possible, we will keep rooms unfilled for a day following any stay.
- We continue to stay apprised of any other recommendations and requirements by the CDC and other authorities.
We don't usually offer discounts in the summer months, but here they are. If you are interested in hearing from us more often about deals and such, click here to opt-in.
Get 10% off if you stay 2 or more nights. Get 25% off if you stay for a week. Good for reservations made by May 15th and applies to consecutive night stays in the same accommodation.
Reserve online or give us a call. Your discount will be applied automatically at checkout.
Looking for something a little bigger? A suite with full kitchen, two king size bedrooms and separate baths? We've currently blocked-out the Tropical Bird room because it shares an entrance and AC with the Romance room.
However, if you reserve the Romance and Tropical Bird rooms together, we'll give you half off for the Tropical Bird, including any multi-night and weekly discounts that apply. Good for stays through the end of May.
To redeem, reserve the Romance room as normal then let us know you would like to add the Tropical Bird.
Remember, you will always find our best rate by booking on our website or calling direct. If you you'd like to hear from us more often about special deals, click here to opt-in.
The café will reopen to the public this Monday, May 4th, but we will be taking orders by phone or outside in the courtyard, and serving everything as take-out. We will be open from 7:30 – 11:30.
What should you do if you might have the coronavirus?
First and foremost, if you think you might have the coronavirus, please stay away. Stay home. Self-isolate. Get better. We will pray for your speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you when you are well.
If you are sick, let us know. We will gladly move your stay to some future date, without penalty.
Beyond that, what you should do evolves daily and depends a lot on where you live. We find our county and state websites to be particularly useful.
Be healthy and remember the golden rule,
The Hibiscus Team