• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
I googled "responsibilty" it came back on the third link down that "DCFinSCB should take some responsibilty upon himself and put his money where is mouth is and clean up Buddy's and shut el gordo up" fourth link said "not sold at Home Depot" so it seems you were correct about that, I will send out a mass e-mailer. :wave:

That was brilliant. Forget about personal responsibility and let other people clean up your trash. Which if you live up to your name, must mean you expect alot of people to clean up your large supply. We should all have such a community-minded way of thinking. Then all of South Walton could be one big beautiful trash heap for Fat Boy.

Thanks for trying to add some constructive substance to the discussion, but your posts are right up there with the ever constructive "get over it" advice previously provided on this topic. You obviously don't give a damn, so feel free to move along.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
That was brilliant. Forget about personal responsibility and let other people clean up your trash. Which if you live up to your name, must mean you expect alot of people to clean up your large supply. We should all have such a community-minded way of thinking. Then all of South Walton could be one big beautiful trash heap for Fat Boy.

Thanks for trying to add some constructive substance to the discussion, but your posts are right up there with the ever constructive "get over it" advice previously provided on this topic. You obviously don't give a damn, so feel free to move along.
Thanks for quoting my posts the typos show up better in blue and I was able to get them straightened out. I don't need a lot of people just one. What time are you coming by with your bags? After you finish my place we can go to Buddy's, I do a fine job as Pointer. How does trying to encourage a volunteer task force mean that I "obviously don't give a damn"? Seems just the opposite.

Last edited:

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Thanks for quoting my posts the typos show up better in blue and I was able to get them straightened out. I don't need a lot of people just one. What time are you coming by with your bags? After you finish my place we can go to Buddy's, I do a fine job as Pointer. How does trying to encourage a volunteer task force mean that I "obviously don't give a damn"? Seems just the opposite.

Clean up your own trash, Fat Boy. Sounds like you need the exercise. And when you are done, since you are so gung ho about someone besides the owner's of Buddy's cleaning up, feel free to clean theirs. Your idea, only fair you should follow through.

Or you could just admit I'm right, and that Buddy's should take care of their own garbage. Or are you so pig-headed as to keep trying to justify otherwise.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
In protest against elitism I purchased gas at Buddy's last night. The pumps there are beautiful.

I always appreciate you taking one for the team. Actually, I did buy milk there once.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
at least not initially....once you know us....one thing that really holds us all together is offensive sarcasm...:love:
yes! can't live without it!

I googled "responsibility" it came back on the third link down that "DCFinSCB should take some responsibility upon himself and put his money where is mouth is and clean up Buddy's and shut el gordo up" fourth link said "not sold at Home Depot" so it seems you were correct about that, I will send out a mass e-mailer. :wave:

okay hop and gordhead, you both get some sugar today (rep). cracking me up.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I have had it with the corner market Buddy's near Rosemary. It is useless, disgusting, embrassing and a complete mess! Why do we have such a piece of crap place in such a beautiful community??????

What can we do about this? Anyone?:dunno:

Based on the various posts, we have it because many people keep buying gas, newspapers, food & beverages, and sundries there. :wave:

I'm not saying it's pretty or couldn't be cleaned up a bit, just that it obviously serves a purpose and contributes to the community.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'm still waiting to hear what code they are violating. You still haven't stated exactly what you want to see them do, other than take responsibility. If there isn't a law against looking crappy, there ain't much you can do except offer to clean it yourself. I've cleaned litter off the sides of hwy 98 more than once, for a couple of hours at at time, to help clean up SoWal. Nothing wrong with a cleaning up of other people's trash to make you more aware of your own impact on others and the environment. Try it, you might like it.

If nothing else, the crappy looks of Buddy's sets the tone for people leaving SoWal, entering PCB.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Some rules to life Smiling Joe , not hard and fast, but worth noting:

1) clean up after yourself, and
2) don't depend on others to answer questions that you do not know the answer to.

Not sure what you are going on about with these code violations, but I know that I at least never mentioned any of that. And yes, there are several things that I can do rather than offer to clean up someone elses mess. Like ask them to take responsibility and clean up their own mess, which I will be doing. Report them, if there are in fact any violations (I'm looking forward to your full report, Smiling Joe). And last but not least, join others in *****ing about the general state of decay and pollutedness that the place is in.

Not exactly sure why so many of you rallied behind a local polluter quite this way, but I guess most of your jumps to conclusion about it being some sort of elitist attack on the working class is now preventing you from caring about not just how things look, but possibly people's health and pollution of the surrounding area. A truly noble cause you have taken on and refuse to give ground on. Your children and the subsequent generations will no doubt be proud.

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Found it! There is indeed a "Buddy", if he uses that as a nickname. Looks like he hails from Georgia, but originally from India or Pakistan or the surrounding area.
Then all of South Walton could be one big beautiful trash heap for Fat
Boy.
Clean up your own trash, Fat Boy.
WTF? Talk about being in the 9th grade.... Geezzz.
My point is that "Buddy" is only loosely involved with the business, if at all,
I am pretty sure that the man has passed and that he left this business "in trust" to his family, who, even if the licenses say the name of someone YOU DETERMINE to be of Mid-Eastern descent (got a problem with that? Or with people with weight problems?), probably depend on this business for income. I think that the dreaded ELITISM monster has reared its ugly head again.What if I am a fat Pakistani? I would be very offended at your remarks here.

Last edited: