• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Not exactly sure why so many of you rallied behind a local polluter quite this way, but I guess most of your jumps to conclusion about it being some sort of elitist attack on the working class is now preventing you from caring about not just how things look, but possibly people's health and pollution of the surrounding area.
And where did you find that this place was polluting the area? Have there been ground water surveys done that have PROVEN this ? OR are you only trying to turn this into an environmental argument that you have no facts to back up? Show me the stats on this so-called "pollution". Or are you basing this on what YOU CONSIDER to be "eye-pollution"?

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
WTF? Talk about being in the 9th grade.... Geezzz.

I am pretty sure that the man has passed and that he left this business "in trust" to his family, who, even if the licenses say the name of someone YOU DETERMINE to be of Mid-Eastern descent (got a problem with that? Or with people with weight problems?), probably depend on this business for income. I think that the dreaded ELITISM monster has reared its ugly head again.What if I am a fat Pakistani? I would be very offended at your remarks here.

Then be offended at elgordoboy, since translated from spanish it means, "fat boy". And I never said I had a problem with Indians or Pakistanis. You injected your interpretation, not mine. So I am pretty aware of who here really has the problem.

If you can find time to get down from your soapbox, take a close look in the mirror.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
And where did you find that this place was polluting the area? Have there been ground water surveys done that have PROVEN this ? OR are you only trying to turn this into an environmental argument that you have no facts to back up? Show me the stats on this so-called "pollution". Or are you basing this on what YOU CONSIDER to be "eye-pollution"?

I suggest you visit and take a look around, then get back to me.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I suggest you visit and take a look around, then get back to me.
Hey ..I am not the one that brought the Indian/Pakistani element to this discussion. That and the "FATBOY' references are yours and yours alone. And I can tell that from the the "take a look around" comment that that "eye-pollution" is EXACTLY what you have a problem with. You cant back up any OTHER "pollution" claim ..can you?.
Starts singing "Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson.... ("its all relative to the size of your steeple,cant see the forest for the trees and you cant smell your own S*** on your knees")

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I have had it with the corner market Buddy's near Rosemary. It is useless, disgusting, embrassing and a complete mess! Why do we have such a piece of crap place in such a beautiful community??????

What can we do about this? Anyone?:dunno:

I knew someone out there had a good idea. Thank you Sunny456. I will also call the code enforcement department to make a complaint. You can see the violations from just looking at it. God know what's going on inside.:dunno:

We are a country of laws, so I'll let the County handle that definition.

DCFinSCB, you are the one complaining about the store, and along with Cali, think that something should be done. All I am asking is, what do you think should be done about it? Is that such a difficult question? Cali says that "you can see the violations from just looking at it." I ask what violations? Show me the light. Please.

I have duly noted that I think the place looks terrible. I don't know that you will get debate from anyone on the other side, thinking that the property or store is a sightly treasure. Show me the Code where it says that someone's store cannot look like crapola, and I will be the first to call it in.

Regarding your statement:
dcfinscb said:
Some rules to life Smiling Joe , not hard and fast, but worth noting:

1) clean up after yourself, and
2) don't depend on others to answer questions that you do not know the answer to.
I have no idea what you are trying to suggest here, and don't have a clue to what #2 is all about. Did I totally miss a few posts? #1 sounds like you are suggesting that I don't clean up after myself, but that would be a weird thought since I take it a step farther and volunteer my time to clean up other people trash, to try to keep the area free of trash.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Hey ..I am not the one that brought the Indian/Pakistani element to this discussion. That and the "FATBOY' references are yours and yours alone. And I can tell that from the the "take a look around" comment that that "eye-pollution" is EXACTLY what you have a problem with. You cant back up any OTHER "pollution" claim ..can you?.
Starts singing "Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson.... ("its all relative to the size of your steeple,cant see the forest for the trees and you cant smell your own S*** on your knees")

Let's get some facts straight here:

1) Some people of Indian, Pakistani, or similar regional heritage own the business, "Buddy's";

2) "Gordo", which is spanish, means "fat" in english;

3) If you have not visited "Buddy's" in say the past 2 years, at least, you would not know that the parking lot many times, but grounds surrounding it always, are strewn with debris and trash.

So, jodi, before you make a bigger.......mistake than you have already made regarding the pollution connected with "Buddy's", check your facts, try to get a first-hand accounting, and consider whether you approach too many other issues in your life with such a general disregard for the truth.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I drive past the place at least twice a day..yes I can plainly see it is not an upscale ritzy service station, but I am not going to sit here and say that they are "polluters" unless I have cold hard FACTS from the DEP, EPA or some other government agency that proves this assumption. You need to check YOUR facts on the pollution issue and try not to determine whether or not I, personally, disregard the truth in ANY aspect of MY life. (Which,by the way..is absolutely NONE of your business) Litter strewn about the premises DOES NOT constitute "pollution". Do you sit and watch the place 24/7 ? Have you determined that they NEVER clean these premises and that this litter has been there for ..lets say ...weeks on end? I dont have time nor see the need to police the litter in a store parking lot.

Last edited:

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
DCFinSCB, you are the one complaining about the store, and along with Cali, think that something should be done. All I am asking is, what do you think should be done about it? Is that such a difficult question? Cali says that "you can see the violations from just looking at it." I ask what violations? Show me the light. Please.

I have duly noted that I think the place looks terrible. I don't know that you will get debate from anyone on the other side, thinking that the property or store is a sightly treasure. Show me the Code where it says that someone's store cannot look like crapola, and I will be the first to call it in.

Regarding your statement:

I have no idea what you are trying to suggest here, and don't have a clue to what #2 is all about. Did I totally miss a few posts? #1 sounds like you are suggesting that I don't clean up after myself, but that would be a weird thought since I take it a step farther and volunteer my time to clean up other people trash, to try to keep the area free of trash.

Ask Cali about what code violations she refers to. Why do you keep asking me? All I said is that laws and a county code exist. I can't help you find what code violation it violates, because I have no clue nor never said I knew. That is what I was referring to in #2.

I wasn't referring to you not cleaning up after yourself, but rather the opinions that many have expressed about those other than "Buddy's" cleaning up after "Buddy's" mess. Buddy should be responsible for their mess, just as you and I are responsible for our mess.

The place is a pit. I'm glad we all agree. My first step will be to find out why they leave it in such shape and if they plan to clean it up, and we'll see where it goes from there.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You state that Buddy's is polluting, and specifically you mention the litter and debris on the premises. Is this litter which their customers leave on the ground or are the owner and employees of Buddy's leaving it there? I understand about taking pride in my own business, and I would personally want to make the property clean and inviting, but if they are okay with a smutty black sign and a plywood door, I doubt you will see the employees cleaning up after some of their customers who don't care about littering.

I still don't understand how #1 and #2 "rules of life for Smiling Joe" relate to me and my life as some sort of guidance. If I have looked for answers to the question (I have read the County Code, County Comp Plan, County Land Use Code, and I don't know how Buddy's is breaking the Code.), and still don't know the answer, it sounds like you don't think I should ask anyone for guidance to the answer. I guess I will never know the answer to help you and Cali solve your problem of not liking Buddy's.

With four pages of posts on Buddy's, I bet his business increases.